Product Designer - Core Product Experience
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
Product Design at Mux
Mux cares deeply about design and we’ve invested in it heavily from the start. As a technical company building a data-heavy product and a developer-friendly video API, design is especially important. Our real-time dashboard was used exclusively to monitor the streaming of the Super Bowl last year and our video API is powering streaming on popular consumer apps like Robinhood and others. We’re looking for strong designers to help us scale design across our products and work with our world-class customers to deliver some exciting new features and products that we have planned. ✨
About the Role
As a Product Designer on the Core Product Experience team at Mux you'll be at the heart of our product suite, creating surprisingly great onboarding experiences, solving difficult billing and account management UX problems, and empowering our feature teams by driving the evolution of our design system. You'll be part of a growing team that's excited to create powerful tools and delightful experiences. We’re looking for a strong designer who can work quickly on a small team to have significant impact on our customers' success.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of product design experience
- 5+ years total experience in product, design, or engineering related work
- You’re comfortable leading a process, one that is open and transparent
- You have experience prototyping and testing your designs directly with customers
- You’ve shipped products, learned how customers use them, and iterated towards improvement
- You enjoy defining a problem through user research as much as designing the solution
- You have experience defining roadmaps with product managers by balancing business strategy with a vision for the user experience
- You care about how your design decisions impact the technical implementation
You'd join an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, Brightcove, Bain, and the BBC. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)
Infrastructure / Technologies
- Hadoop HDFS