Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Come build an infrastructure company from scratch! Today, customers are using Mason for many use cases: from digitizing clinical trials to improving warehouse efficiency to streamlining retail payments and more. Mason's core product is mobile infrastructure as a service ("mobile IaaS") — think elastic, customizable hardware + software + services.
Mason is looking for a QA Lead to establish and enforce a high quality bar across our engineering and product teams. This role is critical to the success of our customers by ensuring Mason delivers reliable, robust services. In addition, the QA Lead will help drive the growth and development of their own QA engineering team.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Own our end-to-end build and release process, establishing benchmarks, metrics, and best practices for ensuring a high bar for product completion and quality
- Evaluate and implement frameworks and methodologies for automating testing
- Build testing automation suite, and identify, acquire, and manage testing tools
- Get hands-on with our needs, then mentor and grow a QA team, providing leadership to develop the team
- Partner closely with engineering, product, customer success, and operations leaders to understand customer needs, prioritize feature releases and requests, and cover any gaps or issues prior to release
- Provide timely risk assessment and escalations of quality issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the test ecosystem
What you bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Passionate about customer success and new technology
- Proven ability to thrive in ambiguous and dynamic work environments
- Basic scripting, programming, and coding
- Experience with one or more of the following operating systems: UNIX/Linux, Windows, macOS
- Technical deep dive, problem solving, troubleshooting
- 5+ years of professional software development and technical support experience
- Familiarity with Android mobile devices and microservices
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with hardware or physical devices
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Android, AOSP hacking, Node.js services on AWS, React frontend, Python CLI;, Docker