Fintech Product Manager
Alpaca is a hyper growth financial technology company that is democratizing global access to financial markets starting with our API-first stock brokerage. In just two years, billions of dollars of securities are traded every month via our API and rapidly increasing.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage business specialists and backed by a group of well-capitalized investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Y Combinator as well as highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also very tech-enthusiastic with notable track records in open source and startup communities.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing Fintech startup building an API infrastructure for stock investing. We are looking for a sharp, curious, and hungry talent who pushes the company's product development working closely with both Engineering team and Revenue team.
Because we want to build the most developer-friendly API product, we want you to have familiarity with API products (being able to write a script program is required). You will need to have a PM experience in tech products as well as to be very open-minded to keep learning about compliance, broker-dealer operations, API products, fintech ecosystem, capital markets to perform well in this role.
- Report to CPO in California
- Manage backlogs in jira and run the scrum
- Understand priorities, requirements from CPO at mid-high level, and manage low-level locally to be responsible for the team delivery in time
- Understand the dependencies, blockers and high-level tech problems to sort out tasks and report the progress to CPO
- Perform acceptance/user testing and be responsible for the delivered feature quality
- Write specs and documentation (for internal users) of the (being) delivered features
- Work with non-product (compliance, operations, business both internally and externally) to clarify the requirement details
- Excited about what Alpaca is building <- IMPORTANT!!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 2+ years of experience in Product Management, Engineering, Consulting, and/or starting a startup
- Strong written, verbal and collaboration skills
Go, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, React, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis
ENGINEERING TEAM AND PROCESSES
Our engineering team process is somewhere between scrum and kanban. We do daily standup every morning and manage project progress with JIRA. All the code reviews are done in GitHub and release process is seamlessly built around Google Cloud Build, Google Container Registry, GKE, etc. Everyone is encouraged to review others code and have transparent access to any information to improve products from any aspect.
We have built MarketStore (https://github.com/alpacahq/marketstore) in Go from scratch that is time-series database designed for financial data and made it open source. The challenge in our trading system is that you need to deal with real-time market environment to minimize latency while you need to make sure things work correctly as money management system. The requirements and system architecture are totally different and unique which is very exciting to tackle.