The essential platform for modern medical practices to make care more informed, more interactive, and more personalized.
Healthcare is a mess. Too many hospitals continue to use paper charts, or archaic, proprietary software. We're solving the problem using a platform, iPad, and an open APIs. If revolutionizing healthcare excites you, join our growing team and help us achieve our mission to build better software for doctors and patients, improving healthcare for all.
We are a Y Combinator funded company startup working fully remote.
Since our inception, we have attracted thousands of physicians, 24+ million patients,. We’ve booked millions patient appointments and processed billions dollars in medical billing per year. DrChrono is ranked by INC 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. We are an official Apple Mobility Partner with our industry-leading EHR (Electronic Health Records) iPad app.
We have been to the White House to discuss how technology can solve healthcare problems as part of the Obama Administration’s Precision Medicine Initiative.
We are innovating the healthcare industry as a whole. Although you may not be physically working in a physicians office you are helping to improve the greater good and making it easier for doctors to spend more face time with their patients.
We believe that diversity is the building block of a great culture and company.
At DrChrono, we aim to get perspectives from all paths to help us build the best products possible. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.
Our mission is to build a technology platform that enables medical practices of all sizes to make care more informed, more personalized, more interactive, and more adaptable. Our platform has been used by thousands of physicians who in turn have provided care to millions of patients.
About DrChrono, our Product, and Engineering
✅ #1 mobile EHR as voted by Black Book 8 years running (2013-2020).
✅ First mobile and cloud-based ambulatory EHR / EMR to be an Apple Mobility Partner.
✅ 17.8 million patients under the care of DrChrono providers.
Serving tens of thousands of healthcare providers and over 17 million patients, DrChrono was the first EHR to build a native app for the iPad and iPhone. We’re the only official Apple Mobility Partner for healthcare, the youngest company to be included in the US Government Precision Medicine Initiative, the #1 EHR as voted by doctors, and the #1 mobile EHR as voted by Black Book.
Our products can be completely tailored to any medical practice—small, large, or specialty—and are open to third-party innovation via a robust API.
Our people and the enthusiasm for healthcare is contagious. We’re one of the most tech-forward healthcare players in the EHR industry and our philosophy “more time with patients, less time doing paperwork” drives constant innovation throughout the company.
Most recently, as DrChrono sought to support physicians and patients through the Covid-19 pandemic, the Engineering Organization successfully launched a Telehealth product in just weeks.
DrChrono Engineering plays a critical role delivering innovative products from inception to mass adoption. You’ll be able to use your expertise and creative talents to build things while working closely with product, design, and other departments.
The DrChrono mobile EHR app lets you use pro cameras that enhance the medical experience, and you can now use it with touch, pencil, keyboard and trackpad.
DrChrono pioneered the EHR app for iPad. Today, it is the most advanced cloud-based iPad EHR app in the App Store. With an end to end solution that seamlessly integrates patient engagement, scheduling, clinical workflow and medical billing, your practice can enjoy optimal productivity and maximum profitability.
DrChrono EHR for Apple Watch is the perfect companion to the EHR app on iPad, iPhone and web. Easily access a snapshot of appointment schedule, view patient refill requests and lab results, respond to inter-office chats from your colleagues, and receive and respond to messages from your patients.
Covid-19 Remote Work Statement
DrChrono has instituted a work-from-home policy and closed all physical office locations for the time being. This is meant to ensure the safety of our employees while continuing to perform at 100% operational capacity. We will closely monitor CDC updates in the event the office closures should continue into April. However, we have committed to providing all employees with the necessary tools and support to perform their work from home without any disruption.
Since initially adapting this policy, we've moved forward with a remote first approach. This means current and new DrChrono employees will always be allowed to work remotely, regardless if they were hired onsite or offsite pre-Covid19.
In this role you will..
- Have the opportunity to build iOS product offerings that impact tens of thousands of our users.
- Take complex and thorny practices and processes and build beautifully simple and maintainable software.
- Continuously improve our scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity.
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code to make a meaningful impact in healthcare.
- Implement automated and exploratory testing processes that provide continuous feedback on quality issues; find ways to break our apps before their public release.
Some projects you may be apart of…
- Improve push notifications to increase engagement with doctors.
- Flowsheets system to let doctors customize data and display it in a meaningful way.
- Work on exciting iOS 12 features, as well as different Apple platforms like Apple Watch.
- Architecting new features that will streamline our users’ workflow and give them more time to spend face to face with their patients.
- Developing internal frameworks which will be used by whole iOS team.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Worked on one or more applications which are live in the app store.
- 2+ years of iOS mobile app development experience.
- Worked extensively with Swift and have an understand of Objective C.
- Experience using Xcode. Working of CocoaPods is a huge plus.
- A deep understanding of the iOS framework and can solve problems quickly.
- Understanding of design / UI / UX fundamentals.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Worked previously in an agile environment and know how to get things done.
- Experience handling high level projects at a mid-sized company.
- A passion for the healthcare industry and programming!
As a DrChrono employee, you'll have access to the following benefits:
- We cover 90% of medical benefits with a Health Savings Account match. As a DrChrono employee, you gain access to your full benefits your first days at the company!
- Retirement savings & 401k match
- Ginger (mental health)
- Aaptiv (physical fitness)
- Headspace: A mental health app we provide for our employees. You'll have access to a free annual subscription to headspace on top of our medical benefits. We recently tapped into Headspace earlier this year as the company looked back on our 2020 learnings and prepared for our 2021 initiatives by using their reflection techniques.
- Physera (physical therapy)
- Kinside (childcare services)
- Plato Mentorship is extended to Engineering Leaders while the rest of leadership has access to Torch Leadership Coaching.
Django, MariaDB, Angular.js, jQuery, HTML, css, Bootstrap