Bits (www.getbits.app) is an app-based store card that helps people build their credit score and history.
The problem we solve is building credit. Traditional advice for building credit is to get a credit card, but there are 10 million people in the UK who can’t get a credit card - or any form of mainstream credit - at all and are effectively locked out of mainstream credit. Bits has a unique model which makes it possible for these 10 million people - and in fact, for literally anyone - to sign up, and be approved for a Bits store card in less than 2 minutes.
We’ve made it possible for anyone to build credit, without the risk of getting into unnecessary debt. We’re in the UK today, but will be going global in the next few years, starting in 2021. We’re building the next CapitalOne.
The best part about working at Bits? Well, two things.
First, the mission. Literally every day you will receive emails from people describing how Bits has solved a life changing problem that they struggled with for years. You will make a difference here.
Second, the people. We are an eclectic mix of people, with backgrounds ranging from a former NHS infectious disease vaccine delivery lead, to an Oxford maths whizz, to a former CxO at Revolut. The one thing that we all share though is our commitment to the mission - unusually for a lending company, we don’t make any money on interest, we don’t put people into debt, and we are customer-first in everything we do.
About the role: As the Product Owner, you will own the Bits app and you will be passionate about its great user experience and delivering a best in class product. You will achieve this by overseeing the activities of a multidisciplinary team of developers and designers, defining and constantly re-evaluating the team’s roadmap. As Bits grows, you will ensure that our product vision and strategy keeps aligning with the needs of the customer.
The role is best suited for someone who is driven and passionate about all aspects of the product. You hold yourself to high standards and you expect the same from everyone around you. You are structured in your approach and keep the team well organised. If you are looking for a position that will allow for a maximum of creativity and responsibility, and where your work will always directly affect the company’s growth and the quality of the consumer experience, then this is the role for you. This is a high impact role.
As Product Owner at Bits, you and your team will have a direct hand in making our mission statement a reality for our customers: that everybody should be able to build good credit!
- You will have 5-7 years of experience building successful UX and UI.
- You’ve scaled a product backlog from early days to 100s of thousands of active users
- You uphold the customer experience above all else, and actively gather the latest information on customer needs to convert these directly into product requirements.
- You love to showcase the work of designers and developers.
- You work hard and get stuff done, always with a positive attitude and great communication skills.
- You work in a structured and process-oriented way.
- You know how to be a leader and how to delegate in order to maximize efficiency.
Benefits at Bits:
- A competitive market salary, equity, and life insurance
- Hardware of your choosing
- Free supermarket gift cards each month - your entire monthly grocery shopping will be on Bits
- Deliveroo credits / free meals whenever you want them
- Honestly, whatever else you want, within reasonable bounds. We want you to be happy.