Senior Product Designer
At Forage, we flip the recruitment and training model and allow top companies to train students, before, they hire them. Companies save money by hiring only those candidates that can perform the job and intend on pursuing a long term career with them. Conversely, we open up opportunities to anyone regardless of socio-economic background, demographic or area of study to land a career at these top companies.
Clients include companies like KPMG, Citibank and Y Combinator. Our students come from around the world and our partners are launching programs in the US, UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
For corporates, we’re building a world-class enterprise tool that allows them to hire the best, as easy as possible.
An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where every student has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and in so doing, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
This is a rare opportunity to lead a critical function in a fast-growing mission-orientated start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
We're searching for an experienced Sr. Product Designer to help lead the UX strategy and design direction across our platform. This role requires an experienced crafts person, with the hands on skills and creative mind to turn a concept into a real life solution for our customers. You’ll be agile in your ability to quickly deliver and own the end to end design process.
- Work with the senior product leadership team in early product discovery sessions to interpret vision and ensure design considerations and the customer is heroed.
- Partner with engineers to iterate on designs and deliver delightful experiences.
- Build design concepts, prototypes and assets to support cross functional teams.
- Can create user-flows and product designs for web applications
- Can ensure product releases and design elements adhere to high standards and our brand guidelines
- User research based on quantitative and qualitative data points to inform product decisions." Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Craft interactive design prototypes for end-user feedback
- Effectively manage multiple streams, projects, and products with conflicting priorities and constraints
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders when presenting your work and clearly articulate your design and product thinking, backed up by research, with target metrics in mind.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail. Own the success or failure of your design work
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ years experience in software Product Design with experience working in the entire life cycle
- Proven track record of working within a team to ship successful products to users
- Proven expertise facilitating workshops and leading meetings
- Experience creating intuitive, inclusive and beautifully designed products
- Understanding of data visualisation and/or dashboard design
- Experience interpreting and utilising customer data to influence design outcomes
- Strong collaboration, communication and stakeholder management skills, both synchronously and asynchronously
- A continuous learning mindset, particular to gaining a deeper understanding of product design best practices and tooling
- Can demonstrate their experience with prioritising work, making trade offs, and ensuring goals are aligned with the product and business
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Home office setup stipend
- Flexible work schedule
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
At Forage, we are proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.