Head Of Product
Caper builds intelligent shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to detect and identify items (with cameras mounted in the cart) as they are added to the basket. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is a plug-and-play integration for stores. Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company, with already launched pilots and a rapidly expanding customer base. E-commerce is only 8% of total retail, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped potential.
Caper is currently backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.
Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute, and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go’s infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market. Caper is the fastest-growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, LUX Capital, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons, and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
- An experienced product leader and people manager. You have been a product manager and managed product managers for 5 years. You have a proven track record of coaching and managing diverse teams, helping them achieve strong results and level up in their careers.
- Strategic and analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects and identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use qualitative and quantitative insights to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational and system details.
- Lead a team through the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Setting direction: defining a clear strategy and vision for how technology can enable Caper's business growth
- Partnering with Go-to-Market leadership to translate business strategy into a high impact roadmap for the engineering, design, and product team
- Defining KPIs and incorporating qualitative and quantitative insights into day-to-day decision-making as well as strategy evolution
- Collaborating with Engineering, Design, and Product leadership to make organizational and staffing decisions, motivate and empower your teams, and refine cross-functional processes
- Mentoring, coaching, and providing support to a team of PMs and SPMs -nDrive product development with a team of world-class engineers, designers, data scientists, and cross-functional partners
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Understand Caper's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Experience in the retail industry a plus
- Experience with computer vision, software + hardware , IoT products a plus
Please apply at: https://recruiterflow.com/caper/jobs/161
Harder + Software + Database Integration + ML + CV
Java, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Microservices