Customer Success Manager
Gravitational, a series-A stage systems & cloud startup is looking for ambitious and talented people.
We are well-funded by fantastic Silicon Valley investors. We are an experienced team: we founded Mailgun which was acquired by Rackspace, we created Vulcand and some other cool stuff at Rackspace and are authors of Teleport Telekube and Teleconsole
Teleport enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is built by Gravitational, a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
As a member of the growing Customer Success organization, a Customer Success Manager (CSM) will lead proactive management of Teleport customer relationships within our Enterprise account segment. As customers adopt Teleport, the CSM will be responsible for tracking, engaging, and facilitating successful implementation through the initial onboarding stage of our customer lifecycle roadmap. Following onboarding, the CSM will drive engagement and increase value by understanding our customer’s challenges, identifying solutions, and tracking value drivers.
To be successful in this position, you should have exceptional customer service skills, the ability to lead multiple client implementation projects simultaneously, have a strong background in cloud computing and security, and perseverance to succeed in a high pressure startup environment.
This is a full-time US-based remote position reporting to our Head of Customer Success. The position requires a dedicated working space with minimal distractions as well as a reliable broadband connection to conduct video based client meetings.
- Build productive and valuable relationships with Teleport’s global enterprise customer segment.
- Develop joint success plans to ensure high product adoption and promote high value use cases.
- Be able to identify challenges and suggest product recommendations to increase customer’s value from their investment in Teleport’s products.
- Network and navigate internal resources to find answers to your questions, customer inquiries, challenges and opportunities.
- Clearly communicate progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Educate customers on product features, benefits, and usage.
- As the business grows, build and implement internal processes to successfully scale the Customer Success team’s initiatives.
- Track, identify, and forecast expansion opportunities and churn risks.
- Example KPIs: Expansion, churn, net revenue retention, customer satisfaction.
- Proven experience in enterprise and strategic account management or sales.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills (emails, presentations, video, etc).
- Ability to step into unfamiliar situations, identify correct solutions, prevent blocking issues, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to dive into the technical weeds and solve customer challenges alongside our support team.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with a focus on being proactive every step of the way.
- Ambition, motivation, and grit to thrive in a high pressure startup environment.
- Fluent in English, and local language depending on the assigned region.
- Peer leadership and mentorship skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Salesforce required.
- Schedule flexibility. We are a global company, with clients around the world.
- Periodic travel to client sites, industry events, and Teleport offices.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Linux, Kubernetes, Go, C, Ansible, Terraform, AWS