Senior Product Manager - Platform team (Remote)
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
As a senior product manager at Mattermost, you are responsible for owning the enterprise administration and management capabilities of Mattermost. A focus on our users is at the heart of what we do, and every day you’ll be interacting with both customers and open source contributors. You have the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 enterprises on their governance, administration, and regulatory requirements.
- Own the product management of Mattermost’s enterprise-grade features, e.g., administration, governance, scalability
- Work with developers and designers to build and deliver features
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, and use it to shape product roadmap and team objectives
- Prioritize ruthlessly, maintaining a laser focus on work that drives improvement on Product KPIs
- Analyze data to determine if shipped features and experiments had the desired impact
- Act as a spokesperson for the product, communicating value internally and externally through demos, roadmap presentations, documentation updates, forum discussions, product marketing, and events
- Product management experience working on B2B products with large enterprise customers (bonus if you’ve worked on areas such as LDAP, SAML, eDiscovery, compliance reporting, data retention)
- Effective communicator, with the ability to converse at both a technical and business level
- Highly detail-oriented, with the ability to gather complicated requirements from customers and turn them into simple solutions
- Strong analytical skills, with a data-driven approach to decision making
- Capable of turning ambiguity into action, and driving meaningful change in a fast-paced environment
- Embrace our values: https://mattermost.com/about-us/#leadership-principles
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to navigate complex challenges by aligning internal and external stakeholders on a common goal.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you are prepared to initiate and thrive in change.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Mattermost is built in Golang, React and React Native you can find our source code at https://github.com/mattermost/ Learn more about our architecture at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNR05H72hi692y01bWaFXNA