BizOps and GTM Associate
We're Karat. We're building the black card for creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Twitch streamers).
Banks don't understand creators today and are ill-equipped to serve this demographic. You could have millions of fans, make six or seven digit figures, and still be unable to access typical financial products from your average bank.
Our team comes from Instagram and Goldman Sachs and we understand these creators are businesses with real income streams along with predictive metrics like fan base, growth, and engagement.
We're backed by investors like YC, Coatue, CRV, Signalfire, and the cofounder of Twitch, and are hiring folks interested in building products at the intersection of fintech and media.
- Huge opportunity. Creators & influencers are exploding as a group. Digital & social platforms like Instagram and TikTok have made it possible for creators to build deeply engaged communities that support their work in a way never before. As they grow as businesses, they need better banking and biz ops tools.
- Fascinating problems and challenges: Where else do you get to discuss the most recent TikTok trends but also how to build a credit card from scratch in the same day? Financial products are complicated and creators need a simple experience. Help us bridge the two worlds.
- The right team: We started this company because we believe in each other and wanted to work with each other more than anything else in the world. We love just hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details.
- Resources and growth: We're well capitalized and on an exciting trajectory. That means you'll get to learn a lot, build cool products, and grow as our company scales.
About this Role
Life in Business Operations at Karat:
- You'll help refine and execute Karat's GTM strategy
- You'll help run the basics of our business - ensuring that creators have an amazing experience as they onboard onto our product, receive our cards, and support them as they use the card.
- You'll spin up our underwriting department as we begin to systematize how we evaluate creators as businesses.
- You'll interact with our creators on a daily basis - learning what problems they need solved as inputs into thinking through new products.
- You'll run creator activations and challenges tied to our card - eg scavenger hunts where creators need to purchase X items at Y stores in order to win Z.
- You'll help track our card and financial metrics and hold us accountable on achieving growth goals.
- You'll help drive company and product strategy as we change how creators & influencers do business.
You'd be a great match if:
- You enjoy grappling with ambiguity and love solving difficult problems with a team of smart peers.
- You're user focused—you love talking to users, learning their pain points, and brainstorming how best to solve their problems.
- You learn super fast!
- Bonus: you're knowledgeable and have previously worked in fintech or with influencers.
- Competitive compensation & equity
- Health insurance
- Flexible & remote work culture
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
This is a full-time role. We're based in SF and LA, but we're remote-friendly!