Software Engineer - Fullstack
We are multiplying the potential of the real world by making computer vision accessible to all.
We create the cloud and edge tools that developers and non-developers require in order to build, deploy, and improve CV solutions quickly.
Skills: React, Ruby on Rails
Standard Cyborg is adding to our team of people who are passionate about multiplying the potential of the real world. We are building end-to-end tools that make it easy for any engineer to design, test, run and scale computer vision applications. If you want to work at a company who is building a fundamental layer of tools to enable a better future, welcome to Standard Cyborg.
What you’ll do:
We’re hiring an engineer to work on our full-stack web app. We provide developers with the tooling they need to build computer vision applications and you’ll working directly on the pipes and user interfaces they use.
We’re looking for:
- Strong experience with Rails and React. Has built and maintained multiple production applications including those with enterprise level features.
- Experience with other languages like Python, C++, and Objc is a plus
- Strong attention to detail for performance and a love of best practices across the stack
- Experience thoughtfully building and scaling APIs that other internal and external developers consume.
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly: you’ll need to quickly ramp up, with our team’s help, on machine learning and computer vision to be successful in this role.
- Can take broad requirements and timelines for the product, define and refine them, and drive them to completion.
- Cares deeply about the craft and quality of what you build and hold yourself to intrinsic standards. Is motivated by impact. Strives to solve problems that make a real impact for our customers beyond technical novelty.
- Has strong fundamental IQ/EQ with a track record of high quality work, and a passion for learning.
Standard Cyborg is a close-knit team motivated by curiosity and a passion for meeting meaningful, real-world needs. Our team is original, humble, and enthusiastic. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to building this culture.
Questions? Send Jeff an email: [email protected]
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
Our hiring practices:
You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. At Standard Cyborg, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. We’re playing the long game - we care more about your slope than your y-intercept.
Standard Cyborg is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.