Civil/Employment Litigation Associate
$135,900 - $205,858 • 0.25% - 1.00%
Spire Law defends businesses and business owners from lawsuits using state of the art technology.
Spire Law defends businesses and business owners in litigation. We use our dedicated and Y Combinator backed engineering team to win new clients and reduce administrative workload for the attorneys and paralegals. We most frequently defend businesses involved in wage and hour lawsuits, ADA lawsuits and contract disputes. We're one of the top wage and hour defense firms by volume for 2020, yet we do almost 0 insurance work. We grow our client base by finding the right business owner at the right time through our technology.
Here you can focus on legal work. You will not be required to join local boards or shake hands in the community.
We are rapidly expanding and need a litigation associate attorney to keep up with demand. This is a remote position but the ideal candidate should be located in the SF bay area, LA area, Miami area, or Central Florida.
- Litigate 10+ wage and hour, ADA, FMLA and Title VII lawsuits simultaneously.
- Leverage technology to be highly efficient.
- Leverage our data to have advantages in negotiation and legal practice.
- Litigate cases supported by a legal assistant/paralegal with other attorneys to discuss the matters with.
- Mentor legal assistants and paralegals.
- Continuously improve our legal processes
- 3-10 years post-J.D. w/2+ years in employment law. OR 3+ years as a civil litigator
- Worked on at least 3 wage and hour, ADA, EEOC, DOL or FMLA matters
- Current member of the California or Florida Bar in good standing with no discipline history.
- An ideal candidate would be authorized to practice in both California and Florida.
- Demonstrably technologically inclined.
Bonus points if:
- You've done any coding. Excel Macros, Python, HTML, etc.
- You have IP experience with trademarks, TTAB actions, responding to office actions, etc.
- You have inside sales experience.
- You are English-Spanish bilingual.
- You bring a book of business.
We're an all python shop. Most of our efforts are on web app development - Django, Flask, Dash.