Full Stack Developer
Paying bills sucks. It sucks even more for about a third of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, and struggling to pay bills on time. About 100 million Americans are at risk of paying overdraft fees if they auto-pay their bills, and are forced to manually log into and pay up to 10 biller accounts each month. Why are so many people wasting their time and energy manually paying bills to avoid overdraft fees? Because they are not using Gerald!
Gerald is on a mission to eliminate stress about paying bills. We are transforming bill payments by providing consumers with an application for linking and automatically paying their household bills while offering overdraft and late fee protection for all their biller accounts. Our app tracks and pays bills so our users don’t have to. We offer banking services; direct deposits, credit building, cash advance and rewards to simplify bill payments for both billers accounts and consumers.
Our platform combines fintech, payments, and big data to create an empowering and rewarding user experience for making timely bill payments.
Skills: Node.js, React, TypeScript, Docker, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
About This Role As a full stack developer, you will be producing scalable software solutions and will be involved in the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. This isn't just another CRUD application. Your challenge will be to deliver a highly-available service on top of a dynamic collection of third-party data sources (e.g. Gerald's consumer-facing platform) whose priority is anything other than making your job easy. Explore the limits of your own resourcefulness by designing human and automated systems that deliver true reliability in an otherwise unpredictable environment.
Tech-Stack We Use Node.js (Express), React, TypeScript, and PostgreSQL with AWS as the primary cloud provider.
How You Will Contribute
- Work with the development team to ideate software solutions
- Working through the application development lifecycle to launch
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Concepting, creating and building applications alongside taking designer wireframes and magically turning them into effective code
- Designing user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and back end applications
- Write effective and scalable APIs
- Experience in building and deploying applications on AWS Cloud
- Leading and developing best practices for Full Stack Developer team
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs
- Determining application responsiveness for consumers
- Ensuring company mandate is effectively addressed in technical and developmental aspects
- Create security and data protection settings
- Write technical documentation
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs
Technical Expertise That We Believe Will Make You Successful In This Role
- Min 5 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer
- Must have experience in EC2, docker deployment, Lambda
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors including Sass
- Strong knowledge of building effective APIs in Node.js (Express)
- Proficiency in writing effective React components. We use React with Mobx
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Good knowledge of data structures, system design and algorithms
- React Native experience will be an asset. Good to have MongoDB experience
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science
Soft-Skills That Will Come Handy
- Having a knack for visual design and utility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Head for problem-solving
- Having a flexible working style
- Being a team player
- Comfortable with working unsupervised
With every single customer that we onboard, it means we are dealing with millions of data records. The challenge is to scale up the product to handle so much data and process it efficiently, while taking all measures to ensure the security of the data. The goal is to make our system learn as quickly as possible so that it can give very accurate predictions when making suggestions related to consumers.