Full Stack Designer
MindsDB is an open-source platform designed to accelerate machine learning workflows by generating predictions at the data layer with virtual AI Tables so you can consume predictions as regular data and query them with standard SQL, reduce development and deployment complexity using AutoML, and improve insight into machine learning model accuracy - increasing prediction confidence.
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems, and thrive on variety? We have an outstanding opportunity for you! Currently, we are seeking our first Full Stack Designer for the MindsDB team. Design is enormously valued at MindsDB. As a designer on our team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our users have a great end-to-end experience, this is starting from when they see one of our campaigns all the way to the graphical user interface of our product. You'll work on creating sophisticated designs and fabulous product experiences helping to unlock the tremendous power and potential for machine learning around the world.
More about you:
Our team is continuously working on making this powerful machine learning product intuitive and accessible to all. You will have the opportunity to harness your strong product design skills, as well as our robust design approach, to help streamline this critical experience for our users.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Lead the design process from Pre-Launch Research, through Product Development (Branding, Product Design) to Marketing and Deployment (Print, Web, Video Marketing.)
- Plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests with your team
- Turn meaningful insights into different concepts and low and high fidelity prototypes to facilitate feedback from our users and your product team
- Join up with product managers, marketing, engineering, and other partners to prioritize work according to the biggest positive impact for the users
- Understand and communicate complex information in an elegant way, enabling others to share in your insights
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to seek the identified problems in the most effective way
- Talk to our customers to understand their unique needs
- Implement design recommendations in our all customer facing interfaces including content & website
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office, remotely, or a distributed team, MindsDB is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options and lots more.
MindsDB is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
More about us
MindsDB helps anyone use the power of machine learning to ask predictive questions of their data and receive accurate answers from it. MindsDB was founded in 2017 by Adam Carrigan (COO) and Jorge Torres (CEO), is backed with over $5.2M in seed funding from the University of California, Berkeley SkyDeck fund, OpenOcean, and the co-founders of MySQL and MariaDB. MindsDB is also a graduate of Y Combinators’ recent Winter 2020 batch.
On your first day we’ll expect you to have:
- Proven hands-on research experience with field studies, usability, and concept testing
- An excellent understanding of how to appropriately apply design processes showcased in a strong portfolio including experience translating core design concepts into a variety of user touchpoints
- Passion for designing enterprise products, backed by product and marketing (print, web, video) examples that you are ready to share.
- Proficiency in defining project goals and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback. Adobe (XD or Figma/Sketch) and Zeplin experience a plus
- Drive for collaborating closely with developers, designers, product managers, and other team members
- Communication and storytelling confidence, with the ability to effectively articulate concepts/ideas through sketches, wireframes, white-boarding, etc
- Experience at a previous early-stage startup and working with remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Spanish a plus
With the plethora of data available in databases today, applying predictive modeling can often feel overwhelming - especially if you need to write complex applications for ingesting data, training encoders and embedders, writing sampling models, training, optimizing, scheduling, versioning, moving models into production environments, maintaining them and then having to explain the predictions and the degree of confidence… we thought there had to be a better way!
We aim to steer you away from constantly reinventing the wheel by abstracting most of the unnecessary complexities around building, training, and deploying machine learning models. MindsDB provides you with two techniques for this: Build and train models as simply as writing a SQL query, and seamlessly “publish” and manage machine learning models as virtual tables inside your databases. (right now we support Clickhouse, MariaDB, Mysql, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB and Snowflake).