Product Operations Manager
$100k - $140k •
Traditional trucking companies still run on paper, emails, phone calls, and snail mail. They’re inefficient and bloated. The pressure of low margins suffocates the truckers who actually do the work.
Our software cuts out the inefficiencies, and we pass the savings through to our truckers. Instead of paper-pushers and endless phone calls, they get an end-to-end solution: customer management, load coordination, automated invoicing, a real-time financial dashboard, a single place to manage their business.
A blog post that goes deeper into why we started this company: https://medium.com/@jinstedge/truenorth-b42437f1dc03
Our expertise: cofounders Sanjaya and Jin previously worked at an autonomous trucking company together. Jin also grew up in a family of independent truckers. Sanjaya built hardware & software systems at Altera, Quettra, SimilarWeb, and Scotty Labs; Jin studied Aerospace at MIT and helped scale Zenefits and Intercom.
We're a team of 15 - the majority of us are women and/or POCs. We don't just value diversity, we cherish it. And we mean it.
This role sits at the intersection of Product, Engineering, and Customer Success. You’ll report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for taking a high-level product idea from conception to launch.
Gather product requirements
- Dig into problems-to-be-solved with users & write product specs
- Work w engineers to add technical specs
- Manage resources & schedule
- Own the product stack
Manage the product stack
- Establish best practices
- Enable flawless product execution
Run Sprint planning meetings
- Define timelines and manage ETAs
- Keep cross-functional stakeholders informed
- Manage end-to-end process: conception to post-launch analysis and support
These skills will make you especially successful in this role
- Structured thinking: you can take chaos and tie it in a bow. You naturally organize the world around you.
- Curiosity: you see something out of place and you instinctively investigate. You approach different perspectives with a learner’s mind.
- Empathy: you can work with users of different technical abilities and build tools that work for them and integrate with their existing processes. You’re customer-obsessed, and embrace working with a diverse set of customers (truckers, internal ops, large and small carriers, etc).
- Adaptability: you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to react quickly to shifting priorities while thinking ahead to minimize thrash.
TrueNorth is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity in ethnicity, culture, gender, age, and life experiences is what sets us apart, and we commit to celebrating diversity in every single hire.