Product Manager (Marketplace)
We're leveraging data, ML, and web-based workflow tools to dramatically improve the construction and remodeling experience for homeowners, architects, and contractors.
BuildZoom is a managed marketplace for construction services. Our technology platform identifies and connects our clients to highly qualified professionals and streamlines the planning, bidding, and hiring processes. A tightly integrated service, provides our clients with professional representation and project management throughout the process.
The Product Platform enables our team, service purchasers and providers to engage in productive ways on BuildZoom. The Product Manager plays a key role in driving the platform forward. By developing a deep understanding of our marketplace and its users, you’ll be in a position to help drive the development of the de facto platform for construction.
- Evaluate requirements, and develop detailed specifications around those that drive the most value.
- Coordinate and participate in ongoing progress & prioritization meetings.
- Represent product & engineering within the organization by serving as the point person for sales, growth, business development, and construction engineering.
- Prototype dashboards and workflow tools in Periscope or Retool to assist with internal initiatives, such as pilots.
- Perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate business cases against our KPI’s and OKR’s. Help actualize the long-term product vision, by turning working prototypes into actionable items on a roadmap.
- 2+ years working in product, project management for a technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or technical field with a great, verifiable academic record.
- Proficient in SQL and Excel.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to easily engage with teams all over the company.
- Appreciation for the value of learning by doing (e.g. working the phones with the sales team, visiting job sites, etc.).
ReactJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Python, Redis, Aurora, MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, AWS.