Business Development Representative
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will be responsible for gaining interest in Vouch, supporting startups we serve through the application workflow, and creating opportunities for our Advisor team to add value. This position will be responsible for guiding customers from introduction through application, working beside our marketing team to facilitate introductions, and supporting customers with any preliminary questions.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Leave a positive first impression and establish trusted relationships with incoming leads
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Manage introduction emails and guiding them to next steps in the process
- Ensure clients are comfortable with our front end website
- Proactively engaging with leads to garner interest in Vouch’s offerings
- Drive additional value by identifying follow-up opportunities for sales team
- 1+ years of experience in account management, customer success, or service orientated roles
- Background in Business development or customer facing roles
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive and action oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.