Technology Sales Representative
$40k - $80k •
- Modern teams often need to spin up fully-provisioned VMs running a copy of their database and backend for every branch.
- For example, it's super useful to be able to run E2E tests or manual QA against the full stack with a pre-seeded database that has some initial data in it.
- We provide an OS-level cache automatically so that the repetitive steps (download libraries, start backend microservices, load database dumps) can be reused across runs in seconds instead of minutes.
- An equivalent solution using a production hosting provider like AWS is significantly slower and much more difficult to set up.
LayerCI supercharges code reviews by spinning up full-stack preview environments in seconds.
We're excited to bring on technology sales reps that would like to join our rocket ship towards Series A.
Layer DevOps Inc (LayerCI.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed Toronto based company that helps software development teams scale technology with their cloud-based platform. Our experienced team has been featured as Top 30 under 30 nominees in Enterprise Technology and are backed by Peter Thiel's Thiel Fellowship, Y Combinator, FundersClub and other silicon valley investors.
Layer DevOps Inc. is expanding and seeking motivated individuals interested in starting a career in technology sales as Sales Development Representatives.
What’s in it for you?
You get hands on experience working in a high-paced software sales environment
You get to learn the ins and outs of growing revenue for B2B software companies
You get to learn new trends in the B2B SaaS tech space
Layer DevOps is a young company and you will have a ton of room to grow
You can use this experience to catapult you into a sales, marketing or even product management leadership roles
What will you be doing?
You will be researching companies to see if they're a good fit
You will be communicating with prospects and conducting live demos
You will be organizing and maintaining a portfolio of clients
You will be driving real revenue and having fun while you do it
You will be meeting with the team daily to report progress
What skills do you need?
You need to be a great researcher
You need analytics and Excel/Google Sheets skills
You need to have excellent communication skills in English
You need to have some knowledge of sales cycles
You need to be a fast learner
You need to be independent and well organized
We are looking for motivated graduates who have studied engineering, math, business, communications, or similar areas. Software development experience is a plus and multiple languages is a plus!
Training period is paid for.
High-performing reps will be on track to earn up to $60-80K CAD per year.
There is also room to grow. Please only apply if you are a high-performer, team player and you are willing to work hard to earn more than the industry average. We want "A Players".
What is it like to work at LayerCI?
Bi-weekly game nights with awesome teammates
Fast-paced environment with many learning opportunities
For our values: https://layerci.com/careers
- Stack is go backend / react frontend
- Microservice architecture, kubernetes
- We've built our own distributed hypervisor, which is the core magic for "turning staging servers into lambdas"
- Websockets / protobuf / REST