Senior Software Engineer, Apps
Catch is building the future of financial infrastructure for the independent workforce. As the first personal, portable benefits platforms, we help freelancers, contractors, and gig workers build an automated safety net. We do tax withholding, retirement investment, and health insurance enrollment. We move money, create investments, and integrate with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services to be able to take action for those with volatile income. We believe the future of work mandates a new system to manage benefits, and the 80M Americans who lack employer plans certainly agree.
Catch has built the first portable benefits platform offering tax withholding, retirement, and health insurance for those without access to employer-sponsored benefits. More than 57M Americans work freelance, part-time, contract, or non-traditional jobs that make it difficult to build wealth and protect against emergency.
Our tech-first approach makes it easy to create an automated paycheck setting aside for savings, investing for the future, and managing health insurance no matter how many different income sources exist, or how frequently income is received. We serve people — not businesses — and arm them with the ability to build a custom and flexible safety net for their family.
Join the Catch frontend team and build innovative cross-platform interfaces that connect people with the most important thing to get right– their safety net. We’re looking for driven and mission-forward engineers to help us reimagine the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems in the U.S. to be simple, modern, and integrated.
You'll work on:
- Building new features and offerings for the family of Catch apps
- Leveraging (and contributing to) our innovative cross-platform codebase to create intuitive, responsive, and performant apps for web, iOS, and Android.
- Collaborating with the design team to deliver smooth, pixel-perfect interfaces
- Collaborating with the backend team to use and refine the graphQL schema and API
We're looking for someone who has:
- A strong proficiency in building UIs with modern tools like React, React Native, ES6, Apollo, GraphQL, and Enzyme
- A passion for performance, accessibility, and API design
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- An ability to think through requirements to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving problems
Working at Catch
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Income is more volatile, inequality is growing, and the foundation of employer-sponsored benefits is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for everyone.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry, including Khosla Ventures, NYCA Partners, and Kindred Ventures.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
Competitive salary and equity
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Life insurance and disability benefits
Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
React, React Native, GraphQL, Go, Python, gRPC, Mongo, AWS