Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud
Gravitational, a series-A stage systems & cloud startup is looking for ambitious and talented people.
We are well-funded by fantastic Silicon Valley investors. We are an experienced team: we founded Mailgun which was acquired by Rackspace, we created Vulcand and some other cool stuff at Rackspace and are authors of Teleport Telekube and Teleconsole
Teleport enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is built by Gravitational, a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
If you are interested in software infrastructure and security on Kubernetes, excited to work with experienced software development team, this job is for you.
Here is what you will be working on
- Building AWS deployment automation using Gravity, our open source Kubernetes distribution.
- Troubleshooting networking, compute and Kubernetes failures.
- Improving performance and robustness of the cloud deployment.
- Implementing multi-datacenter deployments and updates.
- Hardening security automation of the infrastructure.
What to expect once you apply
- We will send you a 20-30 minute SRE quiz
- You will join 30 minute intro call and we will walk you through the compensation, interview process and requirements.
- You will go through remote-friendly and challenging interview.
- The interview is a mix of puzzles troubleshooting the infrastructure and automation coding.
- Strong experience in Linux systems administration, networks, performance troubleshooting.
- Running and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters, containerized networking and applications.
- Intermediate knowledge of Golang, Rust or Python.
- Infrastructure and application security engineering experience is a plus.
- Cloud infrastructure automation using Kubernetes
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Linux, Kubernetes, Go, C, Ansible, Terraform, AWS