Product Manager (Remote)
We're taking the work out of work orders! Founded in 2014, our mission was to empower technicians, maintenance teams, and facility managers to be more productive through the adoption of new technology.
Today, we have developed a mobile-first, cloud-based solution that is simplifying maintenance requests and asset management across dozens of industries around the world. We're focused on remaining the leading Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) on the market by constantly improving our software as a service (SaaS) and always putting our customers first! UpKeep currently employs 70 amazing people that work together to ensure over 200,000 global users achieve their goals! We've been named the #1 Facility Management Software by Gartner & GetApp, #1 for Usability by Software Advice, and Easiest to Use CMMS by G2 Crowd. We've also been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by Built in LA!
After graduating from Y Combinator, we’ve raised $50M in capital funding (Series A & B) from some of the top VC’s in the world including Emergence Capital, Insight Partners, Battery Ventures, and Bain Capital. Only 1% of venture capital is funneled towards the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. We are actively investing in the future of maintenance and the underserved deskless worker.
We are a Y Combinator-backed company (YC W17)
Visit our website to learn more and view our current job openings! https://www.onupkeep.com/
UpKeep is revolutionizing the way businesses maintain, manage, and repair their facilities and equipment. We’re a Series B SaaS startup with 100 remote team members around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital funding and recently surpassed 10,000 customers! UpKeep quickly became the #1 cloud-based maintenance and asset management software application by constantly innovating and always putting our customers first.
We celebrate our inclusive culture and strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace where everyone is treated with kindness and respect.
We’re seeking candidates that are self-starters with a proven track record of being responsible for the product direction, requirements, backlog, requests, and building quarterly roadmaps— collaborating with engineering, design, and customer-facing teams.
What you'll do:
- Impact the product roadmap for our core SaaS application
- Learn everything about our customers: their needs, pain points, and what makes them tick, through interviews and data analysis— Empathy for the customer is critical in this role
- Work closely with design, engineering, and the business to determine product requirements, feasibility, usability, product flow, and devise a plan to test and iterate on it with customers
- Define and drive the product goals and score, and the KPIs by which we’ll measure its success
- Help balance company growth initiatives with core product needs through clear communication and rationale
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog and conduct sprint meetings (grooming, planning, retro, etc…)
- Help run and refine our product development process
- Maintain a holistic understanding of the business, the industry, and the competitor landscape
- Set and communication project timelines and release schedules, and reset expectations when things change
- Help define and coordinate A/B tests to explore and validate new ideas
What you've done:
- 2+ years of SaaS product management experience
- Experience working with software engineer teams
- Comfortable working with raw data sets to develop actionable insights
- Able to make important decisions based on limited or incomplete data
- Comfortable using Agile methodology to run backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-ups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
In this full-time position, you'll receive top-notch benefits such as equity/stock options, paid holidays, 12-week parental leave, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401k, and affordable medical, dental, vision and mental health insurance options. We value a work/life balance and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, from an idea he had while working as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a cloud-based, mobile-first software solution could drastically improve the workflow and productivity of maintenance teams, technicians, and facility managers. He was determined to build on this vision— so he learned how to code and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014.
Today, we’re simplifying and modernizing work orders for half a million people in over 50 countries. Our 100+ team members are focused on ensuring UpKeep is the smartest and easiest-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We have customers in industries like manufacturing, food production, education, healthcare, property management, hospitality, energy, and transportation. In addition to providing data-driven insights and reporting, UpKeep gives users the ability to manage tasks and teams on-the-go.
Top VC’s including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, and Mucker have confidently backed us since we graduated from Y Combinator in 2017. Here’s an interesting fact: Only 1% of all software venture capital is invested in the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. That’s over 100 million people in the U.S. alone! We’re committed to empowering those underserved deskless workers.
Company culture and employee appreciation are very important to us, which is why we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. Magazine and Built in LA.
Interested in learning more?
$36M Series B:
UpKeep Slack Community:
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to a disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Native iOS (Objective-C & Swift) Native Android (Java) Frontend (Angular 1 and React) Backend (Node, MongoDB and Postgres) Hosted on AWS managed by mLab