Infrastructure Engineer (Seattle)
At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
About Mixpanel Engineering
The Engineering, Product and Design teams at Mixpanel together build Mixpanel’s product. The team consists of very talented and nice people who collaborate to solve problems.
We organize in Product Groups which are small groups (3 to 8 people) comprised of engineers, product managers and designers working on a problem or an investment area with complete autonomy over the development process.
We are customer focused and data driven - We like to iterate, learn and improve quickly using qualitative and quantitative data to continuously deliver customer value.
Our engineering team gets to work on really challenging and exciting engineering problems because of the nature of our product and our scale.
We use our own product on a daily basis!
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
Skills: C++, Python, Distributed Systems
Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
The Infrastructure Engineering team is comprised of 20 engineers who develop and run our data analytics platform. Mixpanel's platform serves all of our analytics and machine learning products. Our goal is to support complex queries over terabytes of data and hundreds of servers at interactive speeds. Our key focus areas are high scalability, high reliability, low latency, and low cost.
Infrastructure Engineering Values:
- We believe in being customer obsessed no matter your role
- We believe in working smarter, not harder
- Prioritize ruthlessly and optimize for delivering value for customers
- We believe in good judgement over process and policies
- We believe in shipping early and iterating, over creating perfect plans
- Build a distributed storage system that ingests terabytes of data per day
- Help build a distributed and replicated system - we’re looking for engineers who understand durability and fault-tolerance
- Troubleshoot complex distributed runtime scenarios is our daily routine
- 4+ years of software engineering experience or other relevant experience.
- Passion in distributed systems, database internals, storage, or query engines
- Expertise in at least one of: database internals, distributed systems, or C++ programming.
- Experience with low-level code optimization and runtime performance analysis
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care and 401(K)
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- Company wide Winter Holiday Shutdown
- Volunteer time off
Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.