Senior Partnerships Manager - Emerging Categories
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, and Wonder Ventures.
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Operator Partners and Wonder Ventures.
- Find new high-potential categories for Whatnot
- Test and help drive success in these categories
- Once established, help build out team and transition to new category
- Reach out and partner with large sellers and influencers to get them to sell on Whatnot
- Onboard new sellers to Whatnot and set them up for success on the platform
- Monitor key KPIs and regularly hit key company goals
- Stay close to sellers and buyers in the ecosystem to understand user needs and provide the engineering team with key user insights and problems to solve
- Be an internal advocate for buyers and sellers in the vertical and ensure we are solving for their pain points
- Comfort moving fast in an ambiguous work environment with little guidance
- You’re a problem solver, so when you confront a new problem you can figure out what to do quickly
- Early stage startup experience
- You want to help people build businesses
- Active in online communities for selling products
- 3+ years partnerships or marketing experience
- 5+ years works experience in a fast paced environment
Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Serverless
Databases: Postgres, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
Backend: Python (Flask), Node
Front-End React, React Native