Client Operations Associate/Manager
Jopwell’s mission is to make a substantial, measurable impact on increasing Black, Latinx, and Native American representation in the workforce. Jopwell strives to build inclusive workplaces where our members can bring their authentic selves to work. We do this by assisting companies with their recruitment, marketing, and retention efforts for communities of color.
Jopwell represents and advances careers for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries to connect our community members with meaningful job opportunities. We work with the world's leading employers including, Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, and many others.
Jopwell is looking for a Manager of Client Operations. You will be the systems and data guru of Jopwell. you will plan and implement initiatives, in partnership with the Senior Director of Client Success, geared towards improving Jopwell’s daily operations. These cross-functional initiatives will drive operational efficiency with a focus on improving client success, business processes, and reporting. You will build frameworks for reporting and analyzing data with the goal of building a more data-driven business. Critically, this position is a consensus building role, with the charge of advancing cohesion between various business units and unlocking Jopwell’s ability to scale as a technology company.
What you will do:
- Partner with the Senior Director of Client Success to define and document procedures and implement process changes that ensure organizational efficiency using profitability and growth as a guide for decision-making.
- Build relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence and build consensus around operations initiatives.
- Build frameworks for reporting and analyzing data to better assess issues and improve team communication and collaboration.
- Set up frameworks for pulling, reporting, and analyzing key metrics to improve business performance, drive business actions, and inform leadership and board of the company's progress.
- Execute operational plans with excellence, pivoting quickly when necessary to ensure effective day-to-day operations and on-time delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders to identify and anticipate needs and build solutions.
- Support client account strategy, business strategy, and goal setting through data analysis.
- Own Jopwell’s SaaS ecosystem ensuring that new tools are properly vetted and implemented within the organization.
- Your day to day will include:
Data Management: Drive data quality efforts and perform data validation and cleansing as required Reporting: Build and standardize business reporting for strategic analysis and internal business review. Create and optimize dashboards for use by sales, marketing and executive teams.
Evaluation & Implementation: Compile, analyze and leverage performance data to identify both optimization within the current business and new opportunities for growth.
Sales & Renewal Forecasting: Assist in developing sales team strategic goals and constructing reliable forecast models.
Learning & Development: Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, and relevant training materials for employee and client onboarding.
Cross-team Collaboration: Work with our product and engineering teams to maintain a strong integration between Salesforce and our backend systems.
Member Marketplace Management: Work with an external freelancing team to ensure our member marketplace has up-to-date information.
What we want you to bring:
Between 2 - 4+ years experience in business operations, sales operations, business systems, CRM analyst, or similar role
Strong reporting & data analytics background
A keen attention to detail, prioritization, and organization.
Experience building processes and documentation
Entrepreneurial mindset; eager to learn and expand the Jopwell business
The ability to be a self starter who can to solve complex problems and galvanize the broader team to adopt them.
An approach to working with others characterized by a high level of emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, and curiosity.
A clear written and verbal communicator with the ability to build consensus and persuade others.
Strong accountability to results and achieving specific outcomes prior to handing off a project to other owners.
A bias toward action and solutions
Ability to chart a clear path in complex and ambiguous situations.
Integrity to treat highly sensitive and confidential information that you will be trusted with great care.
Ability to receive and give feedback
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Proficient in Salesforce
Growing knowledge of SQL Reporting
Experience with Amplitude a plus
Because this is a new role at Jopwell, it is imperative that the Client Operations Associate/Manager be:
A dynamic and adaptable team player who is comfortable with ambiguity and pivoting with reason.
A quick and curious learner who is able to dive deep into new concepts and projects, process and synthesize large amounts of information, and identify the tradeoffs associated with various courses of action.
An analytical problem solver who is able to discover root causes of problems, uncover assumptions, identify trends, and connect.
An owner who actively seeks opportunities to improve his/her self, colleagues, and the business.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401 (k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks and MetroCard monthly subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Regular Social Events
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- BS degree in Computer Science (or another technical field of study including Mathematics, Engineering or the Sciences) or equivalent practical/professional experience
- 3-6 years of professional programming experience
- Demonstrated experience (1-2 years+) and familiarity with Python, Django and Django Rest Framework
- Familiarity with Postgres, Elasticsearch, Celery, and Redis
- Demonstrated experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience working around distributed/parallel systems
- Familiarity with unit testing using Jest and Enzyme
- Familiarity with Next.js, Material Design and Recharts a plus
- Experience with AWS or another cloud computing provider a plus
- Strong communication skills (in verbal and written English)