Manager, Client Success
Jopwell’s mission is to make a substantial, measurable impact on increasing Black, Latinx, and Native American representation in the workforce. Jopwell strives to build inclusive workplaces where our members can bring their authentic selves to work. We do this by assisting companies with their recruitment, marketing, and retention efforts for communities of color.
Jopwell represents and advances careers for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries to connect our community members with meaningful job opportunities. We work with the world's leading employers including, Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, and many others.
We are looking for a Manager of Client Success to join and lead our SaaS Client Success team. This role reports to the Senior Director of Client Success. In this role, you’ll support our SaaS clients and the team that services them in their efforts to attract, engage, and connect talented diverse professionals with career advancement opportunities. This is an exciting chance to make a measurable impact in the world of diversity recruitment through technology at some of the country’s top companies, including Allbirds, Shopify, SkillShare, reddit, Bloomberg and more.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all roles are remote until further notice. This role is based in New York City.
What you will do:
- Build, lead, and optimize the growing client success team while partnering with the Senior Director of Client Success.
- Influence the future lifetime value of clients through higher product adoption, client satisfaction, and overall health scores.
- Partner with the team and Senior Director to create a repeatable model to scale client success operations sustainably.
- Revise, document, and empower your team to execute on all phases of the client journey, including: onboarding, quarterly business reviews, ongoing client success, and renewal touch points.
- Produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of client success performance metrics.
- Analyze client usage in internal data systems to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities.
- Proactively drive data-driven, account-focused campaigns to increase client engagement and product adoption.
- Act as a sounding board and problem solving partner for the client success team managing SaaS clients.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Client Success to serve as the voice of the client by surfacing key trends and insights back to our product, engineering, and operations teams.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Client Success to define the growth and hiring strategy for the SaaS client success team that you will manage.
What we want you to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in customer success
- 2+ years of people management experience in leading and growing a team
- Curiosity, proactivity, and a client-centric mindset to the table.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate difficult conversations
- Experience partnering with technical stakeholders and customers
- Experience managing a book of client relationships from post-sale through renewal.
- A bias for action and ability to work effectively amongst ambiguity.
- A data-driven, process-oriented approach to client success with the ability to effectively balance competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v look-up)
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Passion for Jopwell’s mission
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
Competitive salary Equity - every employee is an owner! Unlimited Vacation Policy 401 (k) Contribution Plan Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Commuter benefits Apple laptop computer Regular Social Events Learning & Development Opportunities
- BS degree in Computer Science (or another technical field of study including Mathematics, Engineering or the Sciences) or equivalent practical/professional experience
- 3-6 years of professional programming experience
- Demonstrated experience (1-2 years+) and familiarity with Python, Django and Django Rest Framework
- Familiarity with Postgres, Elasticsearch, Celery, and Redis
- Demonstrated experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience working around distributed/parallel systems
- Familiarity with unit testing using Jest and Enzyme
- Familiarity with Next.js, Material Design and Recharts a plus
- Experience with AWS or another cloud computing provider a plus
- Strong communication skills (in verbal and written English)