We started as app developers who just wanted a developer-friendly API for push notifications. Finding no good solution, we built one ourselves.
Today, we are the leading solution for push notifications, in-app messaging, and email. We support over 900,000 developers. OneSignal is available on every platform and development environment, letting content creators focus on quality user engagement instead of complex implementation.
Covid-19's Impact on OneSignal
Covid-19 has accelerated OneSignal's growth. We've seen a 20%+ increase in new accounts created for OneSignal each day, and a 20%+ increase in daily message delivery volume.
We are growing faster than ever, and hiring in all departments. We hope you'll apply and we look forward to meeting you!
Skills: CSS, HTML, React, TypeScript
OneSignal is looking for a Design Engineer to help build the UX and UI of our messaging platform used by 1 million app developers. We're looking for a team member who likes to live between design and development. You will work closely with designers, engineers, product managers and other areas of the business to help make our product more intuitive and delightful to use.
We want people that have a ‘ship it’ mentality and have an eye for pixel perfection. We want people who care about building easy to use products and have a savvy for using data to make better design decisions. We want people who care deeply about the quality of the UI we build.
- Work directly on the UI and UX of our web products
- Partner with designers to develop OneSignal’s design system
- Partner with engineers to implement components and add design polish to our products
- Educate and be an evangelist for a11y, semantics and design system best practices
- Document our components and UX patterns, how they work, how designers can use them in Figma, how engineers can use them in code
- Provide and solicit feedback from cross-functional stakeholders
- Create prototypes and tools to help us move faster at both discovery and execution
- Bring an engineering perspective to the design process to voice issues with feasibility and call out missed edge-cases
- Be a constant advocate for collaboration as well as act as a bridge between design and engineering
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience working on a web platform
- Strong design skills, specifically around accessibility, user-centered thinking and interaction design
- Intuitive mind for good user experience
- Effectively communicate with other team members
- Experience designing for both responsive web and mobile
- Obsessive attention to pixels
- Portfolio of past work showcasing your process
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- Understand technical requirements and aspects of modern apps
- Experience designing and shipping projects from start to finish
- Flexible work hours with WFH/no-meeting Wednesdays
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Commuter benefits — fund your train, bus, Uber and Lyft rides
- Your choice of work station and equipment
- 401K Plan
- Office & home gym reimbursement
Full stack developers primarily build software using the following:
- Typescript, JS, CSS
- Ruby on Rails
Backend developers primarily build software using the following:
- Ruby on Rails
Mobile developers primarily build software using the following: