Senior Backend Engineer at Searchlight (W19)
Talent Intelligence improving quality of hire
Searchlight's mission is to build the best teams by helping companies hire the whole person, beyond resumes and interviews.
Searchlight's intelligent hiring software creates a profile of a candidate's team fit, strengths, and areas of growth through the people who've worked with them before. Our platform then matches the candidate to unique team profiles to predict top performers. Our customers like Zapier, Discord, and Chainlink now have the data they need to hire efficiently and effectively.
We've raised $20M from investors like Accel, Founders Fund, and Soma Capital.
About the role
We're looking for software engineers who want to take ownership and drive development of large product areas. Joining Searchlight means seeing all parts of the business, helping to build the team, and shaping our culture from the earliest stages.
You'll be responsible for…
- Working directly with the founders to design, develop, and scale the core product to delight our users
- Taking ownership over engineering architecture and implementation based on product specs
- Building new features for internal and external stakeholders
- Writing, testing, and shipping code every day
- Working collaboratively across teams (internal and external) to ensure that product development cycles are completed successfully
We’re looking for someone who (professionally)...
- Has a BS/BA in computer science/related field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years as a full-time software engineer, management experience a plus
- Thrives in doing what has to be done, whether it’s a rapid prototype or putting out a fire
- Has strong problem solving and analytical skills
We’re looking for someone who (personally)...
- Wants to be an early employee at a small, fast-growing start-up
- Cares deeply about fixing the hiring process
- Feels a sense of accountability to the team and expects the same in return
- Is endlessly curious and a fast learner
- generous compensation
- generous equity
- comprehensive benefits
- a diverse, young, and talented team
- a fast-paced, humble, and mission-driven culture
Searchlight is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Exciting upcoming projects in our product pipeline:
- identity verification of references, and flagging suspicious behavior
- automatic analysis of reference feedback through AI