Senior Frontend Engineer
$100k - $150k • 0.00% - 2.00%
Bodyport is building a virtual cardiac clinic to help keep patients with heart disease healthy and in their homes. The clinic is built around our novel cardiovascular sensing scale and predictive algorithms that detect early subclinical changes in cardiac function. We’re initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).
Bodyport is looking for frontend engineer who is ready to lead the development of the next generation of user interfaces for our customers. As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Bodyport, you will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of the software interfaces integral to Bodyport’s breakthrough cardiovascular monitoring technology. You will work closely with all aspects of the business - directly interfacing with data science, hardware, and firmware development teams to ensure the software systems are intuitive, secure, and reliable.
Your role at Bodyport:
- Lead the team in building new customer and internal facing interfaces for care management
- Improve existing interfaces to help increase operations efficiency
- Build frontend platform components leveraged across our internal and external dashboards
- Contribute to our overall front end architecture and development experience
- Help shape the direction of software development processes, policies, and best practices for future engineers
You'd be a great fit if you have:
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, or Svelte
- Experience developing websites using various browser and web APIs
- Consistent experience with unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of full development life cycle and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with backend technologies such as Flask, Django, or Ruby on Rails
We're looking for people who:
- Have a keen eye towards UI/UX and have real-world experience building user friendly dashboards
- Love building beautiful and functional web applications across browsers & devices
- Are proud of the maintainable code that you produce
- Are passionate about learning while also helping others learn
- Have a consistent history of shipping product quickly and efficiently
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in HIPAA / FDA regulated environments
- Experience with Postgres database administration
- Experience with secure coding practices, penetration testing, and IT security
- Experience in platform/infrastructure design and development as it pertains to site reliability/speed
- Familiarity with networking, caching, databases, and how to triage issues
- Familiarity with Aptible, Heroku, AWS, Azure, or other cloud computing platforms
We want you to know: You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Bodyport’s cardiovascular sensing weight scale and predictive algorithms detect early changes in cardiac function to help prevent avoidable hospitalizations. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).
Bodyport’s novel scale measures cardiac output, congestion, heart rate, and other leading indicators of cardiovascular health — all in the same step patients already take to weigh themselves. Companion algorithms and software empower care teams to quickly identify at-risk patients and remotely optimize their therapy to prevent deterioration.