Senior Software Test Engineer
$100k - $150k • 0.00% - 2.00%
Bodyport is building a virtual cardiac clinic to help keep patients with heart disease healthy and in their homes. The clinic is built around our novel cardiovascular sensing scale and predictive algorithms that detect early subclinical changes in cardiac function. We’re initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).
We're looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer who will be responsible for the verification and validation of the systems integral to Bodyport’s breakthrough cardiovascular monitoring technology. You will work closely across multiple functional areas to ensure the software systems are intuitive, secure, reliable, and compliant. You will help conduct rigorous testing and documentation of Bodyport’s software products and help ensure they meet our high standards of quality and performance. In this role, you will make major contributions to the testing practice of the company and will have an active role in product development and planning.
Your role at Bodyport:
- Lead major and ongoing testing initiatives across medical device, clinical, and internal products
- Play a pivotal role in defining and establishing the testing practices of Bodyport
- Design and execute verification and validation test plans, procedures, and reports in compliance with industry standards
- Work in cross-functional teams to ensure requirements are well defined and have sufficient test coverage
- Develop unit, integration, stress, and simulations tests to characterize the system and identify potential issues
- Develop tools and scripts to support the testing and development efforts
You'd be a great fit if you have:
- 4+ years of software testing experience and/or development experience
- A deep understanding of testing practices, methodologies, and test frameworks
- Experience testing medical devices and completing verification and validation activities
- A keen eye for detail, especially when it comes to discovering edge cases
- A demonstrated ability and desire to break the system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience leading and building testing teams from the ground up
- Experience testing with hardware products
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, function generators, and other lab test equipment
- Experience working within FDA and HIPAA regulations
- Experiencing writing automated tests, designing testing frameworks, and/or designing chaos tests
We want you to know: You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Bodyport’s cardiovascular sensing weight scale and predictive algorithms detect early changes in cardiac function to help prevent avoidable hospitalizations. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).
Bodyport’s novel scale measures cardiac output, congestion, heart rate, and other leading indicators of cardiovascular health — all in the same step patients already take to weigh themselves. Companion algorithms and software empower care teams to quickly identify at-risk patients and remotely optimize their therapy to prevent deterioration.