Mid-Market Account Executive
$85k - $100k • 0.01% - 0.10%
Berbix is building identity verification and fraud deterrence as a service. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?"
This is a question many online platforms need to answer. We've started answering this question by creating four lightweight hosted verifications:
- Verify an email address
- Verify a phone number
- Scan a photo ID
- Confirm a street address
We then have an add-on framework that integrates with multiple backend providers to further increase our confidence that users on the other side of the screen are who they say they are. We are targeting three primary use cases:
- Age Verification
Ordering alcohol, nicotine, and marijuana online is quickly becoming the norm. Platforms need a confident way to ensure these orders are being made by and delivered to consumers above a certain age. Many have regulatory requirements to collect an ID. We also help other age-restricted services like online gambling.
- Fraud Deterrence
Every online platform has a fraud problem. By offering platforms a range of user-facing verifications, we're adding additional tools to their proverbial toolbox to help fight fraud. For example, requiring phone verification of a bona fide mobile number (as opposed to a virtual number) for high-value or otherwise riskier transactions.
- KYC ("Know Your Customer")
Cryptocurrency and other FinTech startups have various compliance requirements for identifying account holders. We provide a secure and user-friendly way to collect photo IDs from their users.
Berbix’s mission is to enable all individuals to prove who they are and control how their information gets shared. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?"
We’ve 10x’d revenue in the past year and signed leading brands such as Silver Car (Audi), Juul, Caliva, Skip Scooters, Sift, Life360 and Neo Financial. We serve customers in a broad variety of industries, recently raised our Series A led by Mayfield, and are actively growing our all-star team.
As a Mid Market Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling Berbix solutions' into assigned accounts headquartered in North America. This is a quota-carrying sales position with a dedicated focus on working closely with prospective customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. You will manage all aspects of the sales process, including lead management, qualification, evaluation, and close. You will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Aggressively prospect and generate new relationships with decision-makers, including C-level executives, within assigned accounts based in North America.
• Manage 3-9 month sales cycles, from discovering/creating need, building a business case to a formal RFP, procurement to IT security review process.
• Develop and present a thorough segment plan within the first 90 days to effectively and efficiently cover the accounts within the assigned territory.
• Move multiple transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline and ensure an optimal level of satisfaction among customers.
• Track all customer details, including use case, purchase time frames, contacts, next steps, and forecasting in our CRM (Salesforce).
• Work closely with Solution Engineering and Product to understand and document customer use cases and needs.
• 4+ years of quota-carrying sales experience
• Experience selling to larger companies, having achieved deal outcomes into the six figures.
• Managing a large list of net new accounts, with a focus on hunting new business.
• Experience utilizing a solution and value selling approach
• Sales experience at a startup or experience selling innovative and disruptive software or technology products
• Flexibility to travel for some deals post-Covid
We are a company that values the well-being of our employees and we strive to cultivate a healthy and inclusive work culture. We offer a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, including:
• 100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, & vision. 50% company paid premiums for dependents
• Flexible and generous PTO + 13 holidays
• 401 (k) retirement plan + company match, AD&D + life insurance
• Company-sponsored FSA account for medical expenses
• Monthly wellness allowance to spend on your mind and body
• Professional Development allowance to learn new, and grow existing skills
• 12 week, 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
• Daily in office lunch + healthy office snacks and Ritual Coffee
• Commuter benefits - pre-tax + $50 monthly stipend to use on commuting or parking
• Regular office social activities like Fun Fridays, Monthly Bagel Breakfasts, and Quarterly Company Offsites
Berbix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aspire to promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all current and future employees.
We are fully built on Google Cloud and are able to leverage a number of the services they offer. Our stack is currently:
- Go and React on App Engine
- Java, Node and Go on Kubernetes (where there is some limitation in App Engine)
- Cloud Datastore and Cloud Storage