Customer Success Leader
$120k - $150k • 0.10% - 0.25%
At Modal, we build the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, and Ally Financial. To quote Peter Thiel, Modal is "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in transaction volume every year.
Have you ever bought a car? You may have experienced a purchase path that was designed decades ago. A path that was painful, uncomfortable, never-ending and left you dreading your next car purchase.
At Modal, we are building the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, Honda Motor Company and Ally Financial. Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in automotive retail transaction volume every year, all while making buying a new car possible with just a few clicks. COVID has been an accelerator for our business, as car dealerships around the country pivoted to eCommerce to move their inventory during shutdowns. We recently announced our $15M Series A, and have rapidly expanded our team as a result.
Modal is looking for a dynamic and results-driven Customer Success Leader who’s extremely passionate about customer advocacy and growth. This position is for a forward thinking and proactive leader with an eye for talent and recruiting, and has strong analytics chops with a proven track record. Our Customer Success Leader will manage, build, and lead a Customer Success team that is geographically dispersed across the country. This role will manage both our dealership customers as well as play an outsized role in our Strategic Program management with national car brands like Honda. This team supports the overall success of our customers and drives the expansion of our business by retaining and growing our existing accounts.
This is a high paced role, for a leader that is excited to manage a large team responsible for a portfolio of ~1,000 accounts and nearing $10M in ARR, and growing extremely quickly.
- Develop a disciplined and rigorous vision for the overall Customer Success mission on an operational and strategic level
- Build a culture focused on customer value proposition and consultative approach to customer management
- Be one of the leading voices of customer on the senior management team
- Establish quantifiable and measurable success criteria for all customer segments
- Build differing strategies for enterprise, mid-market, and SMB customer segments
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in the areas of onboarding, adoption, renewal, up-sell, and churn reduction
- Work cross-functionally internally across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to help our customers be successful
- Serve as one of the key leaders driving relationships with our customers and empowering them to be Modal champions
- Own the P&L of the Customer Success organization
- 5+ years of Customer Success leadership experience
- Experience hiring and managing a team of greater than five customer success managers, ideally in a remote or distributed setting
- Experience at a SaaS and Product led-organization, and with experience at ACVs from $10k-$500k
- Demonstrated track record of establishing Customer Success programs that drive strong relationships and ultimately business retention and growth
- Experience setting up CS analytics and revenue management infrastructure in Salesforce or other CS platform
We hire fast. Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. Prefer candidates in San Francisco / Bay Area. Agencies welcome.