Software engineer (Android)
Tajir is the one-stop shop for mom-and-pop stores in Pakistan to buy inventory.
In Pakistan, stores struggle to buy inventory. Stores waste hours dealing with dozens of suppliers and wait passively for salesmen to visit their stores. Deliveries are often late, incorrect, or never arrive at all. Stores often learn prices at the point of delivery and cannot compare across different suppliers.
Tajir solves this by offering a one-stop shop for all inventory purchasing with low prices, huge selection, and the convenience of 24/7 ordering with next-day delivery.
Mom-and-pop stores are the arteries of Pakistan's economy. Through empowering them with world class logistics & information tools, Tajir aims to refactor and simplify Pakistan's retail economy.
Skills: Java, Kotlin
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Android team. We're a small team that moves fast. We code mostly in Kotlin.
- Ship maintainable, high quality code, quickly.
- Build systems to supercharge developer productivity.
- Take ownership of design, product, and engineering for large chunks of our Android experience.
What we value
- Humility and willingness to learn.
- Experience building an app or system from scratch.
- Strong sense of ownership
Our best Android engineers have excellent design and product sense and working knowledge of back end web technologies.
- Tajir is rapidly scaling in usage and complexity. How do we scale our tech stack to keep up?
- Tajir is often the only app besides Whatsapp used by storeowners. How do we maintain usability for novice smartphone users while rapidly launching new features?
- Supply chains in Pakistan still run on pencil and paper, but every node in today's supply chains has a powerful GPS & internet-enabled computing device in their hands. How do we leverage this to continuously improve customer experience?
Python, Flask, Postgres, Kotlin, and Docker.