Airbyte is an open-source data integration engine that syncs data from applications, APIs & databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations.
Skills: Java, Kubernetes, Python, Data Warehousing, Docker
Senior Software Engineer
Join Airbyte's small, but growing, engineering team. We are backed by the world's top investors.
You will spend your time solving one of the most complex and unsolved problem with data: Access. We're on a mission to allow anyone to access data, wherever it is, and make it available into the system of their choice.
We are passionate about data, open source, our community and scale!
We love Java, Python, Node, K8s, Docker... but in the end, it doesn't matter: we just want to build the best product.
- Have attention to detail and bias for action.
- Are a prolific communicator, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Are passionate about data, big data, open source and... DATA.
- Want to help & support users solve their problems.
- Are looking to work in a fast-paced environment, solving fundamental industry problem.
- Are comfortable working remotely.
- 3+ years of backend engineering work experience.
- Self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in Java, Kotlin or Python.
- Familiarity with scalability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You share our values
- Experience with AWS / GCP / Azure.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Experience with open source development.
Wherever you want!
- Work with great people
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote friendly
- Equipment stipend
- Weekly team events
- For countries where it applies:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement (401k, etc)
This is how we think
We are an open company, we are opinionated and public about how we think!
The platform is built in Java, but connectors can be built in any language, as they run as Docker containers. Most of our connectors are actually built in Python today.