Director of Real Estate
We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood.
We use our diverse skills to create beautiful harmony between tech, real estate, and mobility. Join our team!
Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood that opens 2021.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more.
As the Director of Real Estate, you will have a critical role on Culdesac’s leadership team. You will shape Culdesac’s real estate strategy as we expand from our first project to our next set of neighborhood-scale ground-up mixed-use projects, while pioneering a new type of car-free urbanism.
- Create the development strategy for Culdesac's next set of projects, including site selection, project design, joint venture structure and formation, and capitalization
- Lead the development of Culdesac's projects, including: negotiations with potential JV partners, landowners, investors, government entities, and other partners; leading entitlement / approval processes; overseeing financial modeling; performing diligence and underwriting; managing coordination of consultants (architects, lawyers, etc.); ownership of the development schedule and budget
- Cultivate relationships with equity and debt investors for our current and future developments
- Proactively identify innovations in real estate financing and execute them in on-going developments
- Operates with an owner’s mindset, brings structure and excellence to ambiguous, high-intensity situations, is driven, ambitious, intellectually curious, and humble
- 5+ years of experience in real estate, including experience in ground-up real estate development (residential, hospitality, or mixed-use)
- Top-notch oral and written communication skills
- Experience with financial analysis and structuring real estate transactions
- Good to have: experience in the entire deal cycle of a ground-up development, from land acquisition, through stabilization, to disposition; ideal candidate has gone through full process for two projects
- Good to have: experience in fundraising or investor relations
We're using Django, GraphQL, Apollo, React, and Typescript to build top-notch property management and mobility solutions for our future residents.
We're looking for talented engineers who can scope, implement, and ship complex engineering projects on time. Contact us if you're excited about the opportunity to create and own Culdesac's technical roadmap!