Director of Product
$150k - $200k • 0.25% - 0.50%
At Modal, we build the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, and Ally Financial. To quote Peter Thiel, Modal is "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in transaction volume every year.
- Modal is a YC ‘16 startup based in San Francisco, and we’re hiring a Director of Product to own roadmap, features, design, and planning at our auto e-commerce B2B2C platform.
- Our SaaS business was +484% in 2020. We’ve raised $19+ million. 60+ employees. Strong cash-flow. TechCrunch coverage. Featured at CES Las Vegas.
- We build ecommerce-as-a-service for car brands like Honda, Acura, Nissan, Subaru, Infinity, Kia, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Lexus stores.
- Competitive comp package with super positive team!
What You'll Do
- Research, plan, strategize, and build Modal's suite of digital automative retailing products.
- Interact with car brands, car dealers, car dealer groups, and internal stakeholders like Sales and Customer Success, to research and build consensus.
- Work closely with our product founder/CEO to define features and epics.
- Work closely with engineering squads and CTO to build features and epics.
- Design and draw features in Sketch.
- 5+ years experience of hands-on product design, user research, planning, and strategy leadership at director or VP level.
- Recent work experience in rapid-growth series B-or-later-stage B2B SaaS startups.
- Proven track record delivering product solutions for a 30+ person engineering team.
- Strong design background, with 10+ years current experience hands-on UI and UX.
We hire fast. Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. Prefer candidates in San Francisco / Bay Area. Agencies welcome.