We make it easy for people to leave their cable bundle by providing a one-stop-shop for everything they'd need to get: wireless, landline, cloud communication, internet referral.
We have built software that predicts future data usage to optimize buying from the underlying carriers, a business cloud communication system that does not require a username or password or new software for the end user to learn, and a U.S. based team of friendly and hardworking support people who are there to answer our customers' calls.
Community Phone is the first software-enabled nationwide phone carrier. We have built software that allows us to do things other phone companies cannot do, such as making the analog landline digital for the first time and allowing it to do brand new things, predicting usage to optimize gigabyte economics, providing home internet using fixed wireless, and more. We were part of YC W19, and our backers include the founder of Twitch, the founder of Figma, and early Stripe employees.
We are looking for someone to manage our core business day-to-day. This will involve managing a live, in-house call center and staff, billing systems, fulfillment systems, procurement and supply chain, and customer onboarding. We have recently started to grow quickly so many of our systems that once-worked no longer work. A person who thrives in a low structure environment and can turn chaos into process will succeed.
You should have the ability to use software well and discern trends across the company quickly by exporting performance data and understanding it from Excel or similar. Once a month you will have to run a Python script to determine usage for a set of customers and update our vendors like AT&T accordingly. As well as other small items here and there until you solve or delegate them.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budget of the support and fulfillment operations with the founder.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, and counsel employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Is excited about contributing multiple years to a startup
- Has 3+ years of operations and/or customer support experience in a fast-paced environment and can speak to specific problems related to the problems that will be faced on the job
- Understands the commitment required in an early-stage startup and is willing to sacrifice to grow our company
- Feels personally fulfilled when helping those in need Has strong verbal and written communication skills
OpenBTS AT&T Mediation API WireGuard VPN Django React Native React Web CSS/HTML/JS Python 3.0