Operations and Engagement Manager
At Centaur Labs, we label data at scale to enable breakthroughs in medical AI. Our novel approach uses collective intelligence to aggregate medical opinions from experts and students all over the world. Our labeling customers include AI startups and prominent research organizations. We are a tight-knit team of 10 headquartered in Boston, and we're funded by Y Combinator, Accel, and GFC.
As our first hire dedicated to customer engagement and account management, you will focus on maintaining and growing customer relationships. The ideal hire is interested in taking ownership and potentially growing a customer success team in the future. You will be the main point of contact for our customers and represent the customer's voice, constantly seeking ways to address and foresee their most critical problems.
Our ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented and organized, clearly communicates across teams, cares deeply about customer experience, and is eager to be a part of the next generation of healthcare technology. You're scrappy, positive, solutions-oriented. Our customers are developing medical AI, so you'll play an important role in helping AI practitioners develop the next generation of life-saving technology.
- Manage customer relationships by setting and resetting expectations as appropriate, implementation of daily processes, setting deadlines for internal teams, triaging issues, and ensuring a positive experience
- Create and document success deliverables and account management practices (kickoffs, results, upselling, informational handouts, technical specs, help desk, and more)
- Project management capability to keep customers informed of project progress and manage delivery of results at appropriate intervals
- Respond to customers promptly and consistently, clearly translating any technical jargon
- Think broadly about product capabilities, customer needs, and the healthcare AI industry to help develop our technology and business model
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing to message our wins, and with product to suggest new features and troubleshoot issues
- 3+ years in customer success, account management, or operations at a technology company
- Experience navigating C-suite audiences
- Proven track record of maintaining and growing customer relationships
- Flexibility and ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- Strong analytical skills (Excel, SQL) to dig into data and draw meaningful insights
- Experience building out and managing a team
- Experience working at a very fast-paced startup with fewer than 50 people
- Experience in healthcare and/or artificial intelligence
- Boston is preferred but not required; Eastern time zone is strongly preferred
We use React.js and Swift on the frontend, and Python and Swift (Vapor) on the backend. Our data stores are PostgreSQL and Redis, and we're hosted on AWS.
Centaur faces a wide variety of difficult technical problems, from efficiently serving millions of images and videos to our users, to ensuring our platform is secure and our valuable data sets remain private, to performing complex analysis on our users' performance and building machine learning models to take our decision making capabilities to the next level.