Senior Software Engineer
RealCrowd is a direct investment marketplace dedicated to providing retail high net worth investors access to institutional quality real estate investments. We provide accredited investors with the opportunity to invest in ownership of passive real estate investments as well as funds, just as one might invest in shares of a company. Over the last 7 years, we’ve brought our members access to over $6.5 billion of real estate in 39 different states across the product category spectrum. We’re profitable, growing and are excited to add to our team.
RealCrowd is a company dedicated to providing investors access to institutional quality real estate investments. Our main product is our direct investment marketplace for retail high net worth investors. We provide accredited investors with the opportunity to invest in ownership of passive real estate investments as well as funds, just as one might invest in shares of a company. Over the last 7 years, we’ve brought our members access to over $6.5 billion of real estate in 39 different states across the product category spectrum. We’re profitable, growing and are excited to add to our growing team!
We are in the process of launching a subsidiary platform, called ReAllocate, where we will be bringing real estate investments to Registered Investment Advisors around the country by providing customized investment recommendations based on our proprietary risk quantification methodology.
We’ve recently completed a round of financing for the company with one of the nation's largest RIA’s as our lead investor and are focused on growing faster than ever before!
Who you are:
RealCrowd is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing product and engineering team as we expand into our next phase. You will be responsible for a variety of engineering tasks related both to existing products, including our real estate investment marketplace as well as future products and will be given the opportunity to provide input and influence the technical stack that will be the foundation for our new products and services.
Our current technical stack is primarily Microsoft .NET, but we are also considering new stacks for future products. Comfort with .NET is a major plus, but even more important is comfort with multiple stacks. While security is always important for any product, given our new product area is focused on investment advice, security and adherence to regulations is paramount. We are responsible for sensitive personal and financial information that needs to be secured. As we are currently a small company looking to accelerate quickly, your responsibilities will likely vary and involve the full technical stack. Below is a list of some of the typical responsibilities:
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Provide reasonably accurate estimates to assigned tasks
- Responding quickly to production issues
- Communicate statuses of ongoing tasks
- Collaborating with fellow engineers (and other stakeholders) to complete projects as quickly as possible
- Continually improve our users' experience.
- Ensure deployment of quality code to production.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with multiple product technical stacks (Microsoft .NET a major plus)
- Experience with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server a plus)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure PaaS a plus)
- Experience with web development (Microsoft ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core a plus)
- Experience in a small agile startup environment with shifting responsibilities
- Any product experience in finance or a highly regulated industry a major plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast paced and growth oriented company
What success looks like:
Success for a Senior Software Engineer is contributing at every step of the software development lifecycle while managing assigned tasks and communicating their status. You need to be able to balance both independent work while also collaborating with fellow engineers and stakeholders. It also means successfully navigating the challenges of implementing new systems and processes in a fast paced environment with shifting requirements as well as maintaining an established product line. The role will work with the entire product team to provide secure and stable products and services to all stakeholders internal and external. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology to help us build the future of real estate investing.
Our current technical stack is primarily Microsoft .NET, but we are also considering new stacks for future products. Comfort with .NET is a major plus, but even more important is comfort with multiple stacks. We are currently based on ASP.NET hosted in Microsoft Azure using App Services and utilize Azure DevOps for CI. There will be several new tools and services being developed from scratch and we will evaluate the advantages of other technical stacks.