Biz Ops Manager
Newfront is the modern insurance brokerage bringing the industry into the 21st century.
Backed by the world's leading investors, Newfront is a fast-growing startup modernizing the $274bn commercial insurance industry by supercharging brokers with technology. At our office in San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to join a talented team of brokers, engineers, and operators, hitting the ground running with a singular focus: to bring an otherwise legacy industry into the 21st century.
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building a modern insurance brokerage. We have been recognized here, here, and here as one of the most promising fintech startups on the planet. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. The hiring of each broker represents hundreds of thousands (and often millions) of dollars to Newfront in recurring revenue. Many fundamental strategies from the world of tech have never been applied to this industry, and we apply expertise and technology from the startup ecosystem to generate interest within this broker community.
We're looking for a sharp generalist to join as a Manager on our business operations team, operating at the intersection of strategy and operations, defining and tackling projects of the highest importance to the company.
You'll be responsible to:
- Scope and own cross-functional projects affecting sales, marketing, operations, and new product development
- Build centralized KPIs, metrics, and reporting for the team, executives, and board of directors
- Work with finance to bridge the gap between day-to-day operations and the operating model
- Act as an internal consultant and place yourself within existing business units to help them achieve their next level of scale
You'll be a great fit if you have/are:
- 3-5 years of experience at the intersection of strategy and operations (business operations, consulting, or finance)
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and prioritizing projects in a quickly changing environment
- A bias towards process improvement and data-driven decision making
- Results driven and a willingness to walk through walls to achieve your goals
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers. We supercharge our brokers so that they can focus on the highest-value work and use technology for everything else. This includes machine learning to structure PDF documents, Phantom.js scripts to pass data to insurance carriers, and a beautiful customer dashboard.
Who we're looking for:
- You are product-focused and put the user's needs front and center
- You prefer no code to less code and less code to more code
- You are able to own engineering projects from start to finish, including making design decisions and communicating with other teams
Some of the technology we use:
- Node.js APIs
- React frontend with Next.js
- Postgres database
- Heroku, Vercel, and AWS with Docker