Full Stack Engineer | React/Python | Fully remote (EMEA only)
$80k - $110k • 0.50% - 1.50%
We’ve got a real shot at becoming one of the largest online event platforms in the academic world, similar to LinkedIn in the world of connecting professionals. Europe's most renowned academic institutions — like LMU & TU Munich, Tel Aviv University, or Max Planck Society — are already using MeetAnyway to foster academic exchange during engaging online events with thousands of attendees.
About the position
MeetAnyway powers engaging online events. With MeetAnyway it is easier to stay in touch and make new meaningful connections from anywhere, online. MeetAnyway is backed by the renowned accelerator Y Combinator. Challenge status quo and create a more connected and sustainable world.
To accelerate on our mission we are growing our engineering team with a Full Stack Engineer. The main stack is React/Redux with our REST API is powered by Django. You join as one of the first ten employees.
Among our customers are numerous universities, research institutes, and companies (e.g. LMU Munich, Max Planck Society, and BMW). We are based in Europe and work fully remotely (EMEA only).
Who will love this job
Remote workers — you feel comfortable working autonomously from home (or somewhere else). Progress matters, time tracking doesn't. Walking the extra mile is your own ambition — without someone telling you.
Team players — you understand the importance of winning as a team, not as an individual. You share information. Share mistakes. Share victories.
Builders — you keep the bigger picture in mind. You get things done, move quickly, and you love working in a dynamic environment.
Writers & listeners — you prefer asynchronous writing over daily meetings. At any decision we have a free chair in mind — our customer sits there. We wouldn't exist without them.
Problem solvers — you have grit. Instead of becoming frustrated by challenges, you see an opportunity to solve them by first principle thinking.
What you’ll do
- You will be in command to implement the next product feature, that fuels online events on MeetAnyway. It involves both work on the frontend (React/Redux) as well as on the backend (Django).
- In a small cross-functional team you will collaborate closely with our product/design team. Discuss feasibility and direction of prototypes or planned product features.
- Code review from your peers.
- Engage in technical decisions from choosing the optimal database structure to best-practice infrastructure decisions.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You should have
- 3+ years of experience as a Full Stack engineer (excl. internships).
- Advanced experience with React/Redux.
- Advanced experience with Python (Django, or similar frameworks).
- Experience with TypeScript, Firebase is a plus.
Who we are
At MeetAnyway, we're committed to creating an environment, where you can be yourself. We disagree well, no ego involved, and engage in discussion to find the ground truth. We build something people want. For every discussion, there is a symbolic free chair. Our users sit there — we deeply care about them.
Working at MeetAnyway feels autonomous, calm, and productive. Everyone is held to a high bar without shying away from open and direct feedback. We are all humans — with weaknesses and strengths. As your peers, we will support you to overcome your weaknesses, and we aim to boost your strengths to their full potential. We look forward to hearing from you!
Want to learn more about us?
The main stack is React/Redux and our REST API is powered by Django.