At Angle Health, we're tackling the healthcare crisis at the point where our health system starts and stops: health insurance. By building a modern, technology-driven health plan, we are creating a customer-centric experience that gets our members the care they need when they need it. We're on a journey to making people healthier and we're starting with startups. If you want to be part of the future of healthcare, we'd love for you to join us.
A Life-Changing Company
At Angle, we believe the healthcare system should be accessible, transparent, and easy to navigate. As a full-stack, technology-driven health plan, we are creating a customer-centric experience that gets our members the care they need when they need it. If you want to be part of the future of healthcare, we'd love for you to join us.
As a contract Product Designer you will be responsible for helping drive the creative implementation of the Angle design system across multiple web and mobile products. You'll work directly with product leaders to define features, assist in the gathering of requirements, and strategically execute on those requirements in the form of industry leading interface design for our multitude of customer platforms.
- Create deliverables that persuasively communicate UX Strategy, including user journeys, archetypes & personas, discovery reports, and information architecture
- Maintain a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for Angle's multiple customer platforms
- Maintain our existing brand and continue to enhance it through your own ideas and creativity
- Manage collateral in Angle's digital asset management system
- Produce high quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product, New Business and Development teams to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the user as well as produce team-specific assets
- Test UI elements such as CTAs, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior
- Want to be an owner
- Design with a strategic mindset
- Care about best practices and scale
- Seek to understand the business strategy and needs of our users
- Are passionate for usability – helping to build brand identity
- Experience with remote user testing services is a bonus
- Are a passionate designer, proud of the quality of your work
- Are an independent worker and self-starter
What We Value
- Attention to detail
- The ability to create and maintain style/branding guides and design systems.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing business and engineering spec documentation to guide the creation of wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- The expertise, confidence, and desire to drive the aesthetic direction of the Angle platforms.
- Worked in a SaaS or enterprise environment as a UI/UX Designer and has the portfolio to demonstrate your skills and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML5/XHTML and SCSS/CSS.
- Expert knowledge of UI design principles and techniques including responsive design and mobile.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills to support rationale for design decisions and presentations.
- Performs well under pressure and works effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Understands how to test to validate prototypes, then iterate based on feedback.
- Ability to set goals and targets and crush them
- Ability to present your ideas to relevant stakeholders
- Great communications skills and the ability to carry out customer interviews
Backed by a team of world class investors, we are a healthcare startup on a mission to make our health system more effective, accessible, and affordable to everyone. From running large hospitals and health plans to serving on federal healthcare advisory boards to solving the world's hardest problems at Palantir, our team has done it all. As part of this core group at Angle, you will have the right balance of support and autonomy to grow both personally and professionally, and the opportunity to own large parts of the business and scale with the company.
Angle Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Angle Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Being a full stack carrier means sitting at the nexus of care, money and data. Our major tech challenges will involve building out first class backend infrastructure that integrates with the various pieces of the healthcare stack (claims clearinghouses, HR/Payroll platforms, providers, wellness companies) and running sophisticated ML models to identify leading indicators of cost and high risk members. We are also developing a first-in-class member & provider experience unlike any option that exists today. Our tech stack comprises mainly of Python, Postgres, AWS, React, React Native, and Swift.