General Manager - Trading Cards
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, and Wonder Ventures.
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Operator Partners and Wonder Ventures.
- Ensure success within the trading cards category on Whatnot and turn Whatnot into a destination for trading cards
- Define and monitor key success metrics in the category and ensure there’s sufficient liquidity for a healthy ecosystem
- Partner with large sellers and influencers and convince them to sell and go live on Whatnot
- Manage marketing, partnerships and seller onboarding across trading cards and run key marketing activities *. Launch new trading card & related categories on Whatnot including Magic Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh cards and more
- Hire and manage a partnership, marketing & community support team as we grow
- Stay close to sellers and buyers in the ecosystem to understand user needs and provide the engineering team with key user insights and problems
- Be an internal advocate for buyers and sellers in the vertical and ensure we are solving for their pain points
- Flex as needed to help with other parts of the business like customer support, trust and safety & more
- Comfort moving fast in an ambiguous work environment with little guidance
- You’re a problem solver, so when you confront a new problem you can figure out what to do quickly
- You’re incredibly analytical and have experience with SQL
- You have experience guiding, managing & hiring a team
- Significant partnerships and marketing experience
- Comfortable with change. This is a fast growing, and adapting startup -- what you do today may not be what you do tomorrow
- Experience working on a marketplace or two-sided platform where you’ve had to balance the needs of multiple parties
- 8+ Years works experience in a fast paced environment including startup experience
Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Serverless
Databases: Postgres, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
Backend: Python (Flask), Node
Front-End React, React Native