Head of Growth/Marketing
$100k - $140k •
Traditional trucking companies still run on paper, emails, phone calls, and snail mail. They’re inefficient and bloated. The pressure of low margins suffocates the truckers who actually do the work.
Our software cuts out the inefficiencies, and we pass the savings through to our truckers. Instead of paper-pushers and endless phone calls, they get an end-to-end solution: customer management, load coordination, automated invoicing, a real-time financial dashboard, a single place to manage their business.
A blog post that goes deeper into why we started this company: https://medium.com/@jinstedge/truenorth-b42437f1dc03
Our expertise: cofounders Sanjaya and Jin previously worked at an autonomous trucking company together. Jin also grew up in a family of independent truckers. Sanjaya built hardware & software systems at Altera, Quettra, SimilarWeb, and Scotty Labs; Jin studied Aerospace at MIT and helped scale Zenefits and Intercom.
We're a team of 15 - the majority of us are women and/or POCs. We don't just value diversity, we cherish it. And we mean it.
We’re looking for our first Marketing hire. You’ll own growth and marketing from day one.
We’ve grown to our current state ($1M+ ARR, 100% retention, solid unit economics) on word of mouth and bare-bones paid acquisition. It’s time to scale our outreach, and the TAM is enormous — we currently have .01% of the beachhead market :)
Our dream candidate:
- Is quantitative (engineering, consulting, or bizops background)
- Can also drive our content strategy (make a plan & work w/ CEO to write content)
- Is entrepreneurial (former founders or early startup employees)
- Has led high-performing teams previously
What this role is NOT:
- Junior-level (you’ll be the functional lead)
- VP-level (yes, our dream is that you grow & lead the team, but you’ll be rolling up your sleeves and laying the foundation)
The areas your role will oversee: (You do NOT need to be an expert in all areas, but you must be able to define responsibilities & delegate. Roles are listed in priority order)
- Performance Marketing (Channel marketing, Search & SEO)
- Communications / Brand (Social, Community, Website)
- Product Marketing (Audience definition & segmentation, Positioning & messaging)
Remote until it's safe to return to the office.