Senior Business Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer managed marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. We are making the exchange of home decor easy for everyone. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving is already stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people.
AptDeco is looking for a Senior business development and partnership Manager to join our small collaborative team to manage relationships with our professional customers. This role is not about selling but instead working collaboratively with our professional customer base. This is an exciting role as you'll work closely with key strategic partners to develop new opportunities to grow and scale our business.
The role mainly focuses on developing existing partnerships with key national partners in addition to supporting small to mid size professional customers (i.e. Interior designers and furniture manufacturers). The ideal candidate enjoys relationship building, problem solving and growing a strategic customer base for the company.
- Collaborate and develop partnership with key stategic national partners
- Analyze data and build sales reports to produce data-driven strategic recommendations in order to drive sales
- Prospect and onboard new, high quality supply from strategic partners
- Represent AptDeco in external meetings with professional sellers and at industry conferences in your market
- Envision and capitalize on new opportunities
- Educate clients on all significant product changes and cascade feedback on product to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Hold regular weekly/monthly checkins with your partners
- Develop strong and long lasting relationships
- Build and manage account budget and P&L
- Develop, own and regularly track the budget. Leverage brand priorities and account business drivers to provide recommendations on spend allocation.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of professional experience, of which at least 2 should be in a account management / partnership management role and/or consulting
- MBA a strong plus but not required
- Experience working with large clients a plus
- Experience working at start up(s) a plus
- Experience with furniture, e-commerce, or marketplaces a plus
- Proven track record of being able to effectively work a leads pipeline and/or a book of business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients via phone, email, and in-person
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent quantitative skills and proven ability to analyze, interpret and apply data throughout your day-to-day work
- Ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities, projects and deadlines
We believe in measuring everything, taking advantage of our pioneering continuous deployment system to ship code early and often, and a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning. We believe in using the best tools for the job, and programming languages are a tool at the end of the day.