Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Raptor Maps makes it simple and affordable for solar companies to adopt drone technology as a tool to increase performance, reduce costs, and standardize & compare solar PV assets across a portfolio. Founded by MIT engineers, our software helps teams convert drone and asset data into accurate, high-value system analytics and reports. We work with portfolio owners, asset managers, O&M providers, EPC contractors, and independent engineers across six continents, to identify and localize anomalies that affect energy production. Our partnerships with industry leaders in drone hardware and aerial inspections make it easy for anyone to utilize drone technology and inspect their PV assets.
Solar power is the #1 source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, MIT-born startup that builds software to manage the solar lifecycle. We are deployed across 35 countries and 31 million solar panels. Our software enables the solar industry to scale.
About the Position
We’re looking for an incredibly talented full-time frontend software engineer with strong React expertise. You would dive right into our fast-paced, multi-faceted engineering team and play a vital role in scaling our frontend architecture.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain software
- Contribute to individual and team projects by managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Mentor other team members on frontend development techniques, process, and coding standards
- Prepare and participate in software design discussions and code reviews
- Communicate and problem solve with various stakeholders such as customer-facing teams, product management, and leadership.
- You are highly self-motivated, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a motivated team
- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology
- You iterate to improve software and deliver products
- You have experience architecting scalable frontend systems
- You have 4+ years of work experience in frontend software development
- 2+ years developing with React
- Experience building complex frontend mapping interfaces using tools such as Mapbox, Google Maps, or ESRI.
- Experience creating products and tools for users to visualize technical data
- Have a sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Work remote, work in a Boston-based office, or take a hybrid approach