Head of Tax & Advisory
$75k - $120k •
We are a team of software engineers and tax experts with on-the-ground experience solving equity and tax challenges for tech and startup employees. YearEnd helps employees with equity compensation to optimize their equity and taxes and they can also file their tax return.
Our team is top notch! Our founding team worked together to build Carta, the leading captable/equity management platform in the world. We are a remote-first team with members all over the world. We take what we do very seriously.
Work with customers to help understand, optimize and file their taxes. Support the Product and Engineering team by reviewing tax calculations and providing input and feedback.
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- At least 3 years relevant work experience with an accounting firm, including at least 2 years of Private Client experience;
- Experience working with complex tax issues related to equity compensation (ISOs, NSOs, RSUs, tender offers, secondary transactions and mergers and acquisitions)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required;
- Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred;
- Advanced credential allowing for client representation before the Internal Revenue Service required (i.e. CPA or JD);
- Strong technical knowledge of complex tax issues;
- Proven leadership and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a natural facilitator;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; and
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.