Senior Product Security Engineer
$47k - $65k •
Belvo is a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information, through one easy-to-use API. Think Plaid for Latam.
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latam financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City and São Paulo and and the majority of the tech team works remotly.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
#About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3pm and 6pm, CEST timezone.
- Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator.
The infrastructure & security team is responsible for all aspects of information security at Belvo. We focus on application and infrastructure security, policy, compliance, internal awareness & training. Our customers rely on us to run their financial operations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard when it comes to protecting their data and operations.
- Proactively tackle infrastructure and application changes to improve our security posture
- Assess, research and discover security threats in our infrastructure and products
- Collaborate on the implementation of compliance and regulatory projects
- Collaborate with Product Managers to prioritize roadmap items to balance security and business risks
- Act as a subject matter expert on Infosec for the teams you collaborate with
- Foster a culture that sees security as the most important product feature
You can be part of the gang if:
- 5+ years of experience in the information security field
- Deep technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as countermeasures and compensating controls
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Strong knowledge of application security best practices.
- Demonstrable experience in security systems, Firewalls, IDS, WAF authentication, audit
- Track record of running highly secure production systems
- Willingness to solve challenging problems
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Python
- Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
Our tech stack:
- We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🏄 1.8km from the beach 🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us) 🔆 Flexible working hours 🔝 Remote friendly 🐶 Pet friendly 🍎 Meals, transport, and kindergarten via flexible compensation scheme 🎊 Paid time off on your birthday 🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee 🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings 🙋 Training Budget 😎 Team building events 🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month 🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends 🚀 Yearly offsite