OpenPhone is on the mission to build the world's best calling and messaging app for professionals and businesses. With over 10,000 paying customers already, we are aiming to be the #1 communications app for the 130 million professionals in North America.
Our founders are previous engineers and product managers at companies that have built software for over half a million businesses. We are backed by the industry’s best venture firms including Y Combinator, Slow Ventures, and Garage Capital, with an amazing list of advisors from Asana, Facebook, Google, and more.
Do you love running experiments and finding creative ways to solve problems? Do you thrive in autonomous, fast-paced environments?
At OpenPhone, we're looking for our very first Marketer to join as the founding member of our Growth team.
We have grown rapidly through bottom-up viral adoption among startups and small businesses. We've 4.8x-ed our revenue in 2020, serving thousands of customers worldwide. We have the highest rating of any business phone app in Apple’s App Store and we were named the best business phone by both G2 and Capterra.
It's clear that we're building something people want. And it's time we take our Growth efforts to the next level. This is where you come in.
You’ll work closely with the founders and in collaboration with our engineering, design, and customer experience teams to help set up the infrastructure for rapid experimentation. You'll find optimal acquisition channels and scale them. You'll experiment with messaging, audiences and own the outcome across the whole funnel.
If you're looking for a challenge and want to make a significant impact at a high-growth startup, this is the right opportunity for you.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Generate data-driven hypotheses to execute experiments across the marketing funnel
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive landing page/ad creative/product optimization to improve channel performance
- Report on analytics across the funnel and all marketing initiatives
- Lead strategy on cross-functional projects to drive user and revenue growth
- Work hand in hand with the product team to come up with work that will delight our customers and help grow the company further
- You have 3+ years of experience in a Growth or Performance Marketing role, ideally at a high growth company or SaaS business
- You have experience with growing distribution across a variety of channels (email, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Adwords).
- You're skilled in content development supported by SEO
- You have solid knowledge of analytics tools (Segment, Google Analytics, Amplitude)
- You are a very strong communicator and can distill complexity into clear and concise messaging
- You are willing to try 10 things that fail to find 1 thing that works really well
- You enjoy finding creative ways to plow through obstacles
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Front-end: React, React Native, Swift, Java, Kotlin