$30k - $50k • 0.05% - 0.20%
Valiu is building the next generation banking and payments system on crypto rails, so anyone in the world can save, send money anywhere, and have full custody of it. We are starting with Latin America.
Skills: Java, MongoDB, MySQL, Python, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Google Cloud, Hadoop, ETL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
As a Senior Data Engineer at Valiu, you'll act as a connector between our data teams and the rest of our diverse engineering department to create high-performance data processing solutions that scale.
Culture is everything at Valiu. It’s all about the right mix of professional skills and personal attributes. In the following presentation we’ll share who we are, what we believe in, how we work together day-to-day as a company, our culture, perks and more. Why Valiu?
In this role, you'll get to:
Our Data Engineer will be responsible for ensuring data reliability and integrity throughout all of our core infrastructure. You will work closely with Data Scientists to ensure swift and scalable ML model deployments. Implementing ETL pipelines will be second-nature to you.
- Assist Data Scientists in ensuring data is readily available in a structured way to be analyzed
- Creating large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines to help data scientists as well as non-technical stakeholders at Valiu
- Experience with data ingestion via APIs
What You Need For This Role:
The easy stuff:
- Cloud Engineering and Cloud Service background (Google BigQuery, AWS S3, Lambda)
- Experienced in Java, Scala, or Python
- Ability and interest in translating business requirements into technological visions, and reimagining data-processing technologies
- Experience with SQL, MongoDB
- Experience in Computer Science (algorithms, data structures, graphs)
- Experience with lower-level languages is a plus
Sounds fun? Here's Your challenge
To get considered for this role you have to pass the following test: [Test for Data Engineer ](https://www.notion.so/Test-for-5258bcf7e12e419a86f498a4ead043b4)
- Minimum: USD $2000 + 20 basis points in Options
- Average: USD $2500 + 10 basis points in Options
- Maximum: USD $3000 + 5 basis points in Options
*It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.
- Steve Jobs, and Valiu* 😁