Biomedical Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Vena Vitals makes a small sticker that monitors blood pressure continuously. We've shown that it works in the operating room and is as accurate as the best tools doctors have today, at a fraction of the cost. We're a team of health tech scientists with multiple past startups and exits, and we've built products that have scaled to over 2M users.
Skills: C, C++, MATLAB, Python
Vena Vitals is on a mission to transform patient care through better cardiovascular monitoring. We make a small wearable device that monitors blood pressure continuously. Unlike other BP monitors that only take a snapshot in time, we record the entire dynamic movie to track changes that can be life-saving. We have strong early clinical results, and we’re now expanding our clinical studies across multiple sites around the country. From the operating room to the home, we plan to become the most accurate and actionable cardiovascular monitoring and management system to help improve the lives of over a billion patients across the world each year.
You will develop algorithms, digital filters, and signal processing techniques for analyzing continuous biomedical signals. You will develop tools to enhance signal and subtract out common noise artifacts, as well as extract insights from continuous biomedical signals (features, events, and trends) both off-line and in real time. You will be engaged in solving problems that currently do not have well defined solutions and you’ll take the reins to own and steer your deliveries, while also supporting others in a fast-paced, encouraging, and dynamic environment.
- Must have a broad understanding of human physiology.
- Strong background in signal processing theory and applications in the medical field is required.
- Knowledge of design of experiments and statistical design is a plus.
- Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to measure biological signals. Electronic design (analog and digital), PCB design, and fabrication.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware / software.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: signal processing, multimodal sensing, sensor fusion, time series, time-frequency analysis, and dynamical systems
- Fluency in a high-level programming language (Python, C/C++ and/or Matlab)
- Masters/PhD in Biomedical engineering, Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with clinical trials and with multimodal datasets is a plus.
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of building ML solutions for large scale time-series datasets is a plus.
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks (scikit-learn, pandas and deep learning toolboxes such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, etc) is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical instrumentation is a plus
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]